Was this a lucid dream?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Lucid_Emo

Was this a lucid dream?

Postby Lucid_Emo » 22 Dec 2016 14:05

OMG!!! I think I had my first lucid dream! Or it might have been my second one. Anyway it doesn't really matter, the first one was 2 seconds of lucidity. Anyway...

I was having this nice long dream of my graduation day (from elementary school) but at some point I thought to myself: Wait hold on a sec. Graduation day isn't until June! Last I heard, it was December! What if this is a dream? I did a reality check by pressing my thumb into my palm. It went straight through and I realized I was dreaming. I remembered to stabilize my lucid dream by rubbing my hands together and reminding myself I was dreaming. I didn't have a lucid dream plan figured out, so at that point I just played passive observer. I kept noticing things out of place. I got a kick out of telling my BFF "hey guess what, you're not even real" and said other weird things like that. After awhile I kinda just faded out and woke up, but it was a pretty long lucid dream.

The problem is that I didn't feel the "surge of consciousness" after I became lucid, but I think I might have just not remembered it, because I'm still working on my dream recall. I did notice that once I became lucid, things seemed more real: it felt like I was actually walking and talking in real life while I was lucid, and I had a lot more logic and thought process than I do in a normal dream. So I think is was just a badly recalled lucid dream. :D
Lucid Dreams So Far: 5

Current Goal: Trying to get back on my old habits, start recording my dreams again, rekindle my self awareness, and have another productive lucid dream.

dizzyuluru

Re: Was this a lucid dream?

Postby dizzyuluru » 23 Dec 2016 17:24

You answered your own question, :P. Yes, this was in fact a lucid dream. To have a lucid dream is just to realize that you are dreaming while you are dreaming, nothing more. Next time maybe you should try flying, walking through a mirror, or even talking to your subconscious (mirrors work well for this). Good luck! :D
Lucid Dreams: 24
Dreams Recorded:344
Days recorded: 201 (Started Sept. 18, 2016)
Last updated 4/4/17

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”