Had a lucid dream. What next?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Lucid_Emo

Had a lucid dream. What next?

Postby Lucid_Emo » 22 Dec 2016 15:59

I've been practicing lucid dream techniques and my hard work has paid off! I had a lucid dream. I was able to stabilize the lucid dream so it was nice and long, but I wasn't sure what to do after that, so I just passively observed the dream.

This was fun enough, but I want to start controlling my dreams. The problem is, I don't know where to start! What's a good starting point for dream control?
Lucid Dreams So Far: 5

Current Goal: Trying to get back on my old habits, start recording my dreams again, rekindle my self awareness, and have another productive lucid dream.

dizzyuluru

Re: Had a lucid dream. What next?

Postby dizzyuluru » 23 Dec 2016 17:27

Well, you could try flying, summoning someone, then try going through walls, etc. Just think of doing things that you wouldn't be able to do in reality and do them in your dreams! Eventually you'll get good at it and get used to it. You could also try summoning fireballs to shoot out of your hands or lightning, etc. as this usually works if you can imagine it.
Lucid Dreams: 24
Dreams Recorded:344
Days recorded: 201 (Started Sept. 18, 2016)
Last updated 4/4/17

Lucid_Emo

Postby Lucid_Emo » 23 Dec 2016 21:30

dizzyuluru wrote:Well, you could try flying, summoning someone, then try going through walls, etc. Just think of doing things that you wouldn't be able to do in reality and do them in your dreams! Eventually you'll get good at it and get used to it. You could also try summoning fireballs to shoot out of your hands or lightning, etc. as this usually works if you can imagine it.

Thx for the tips! I decided to try flying. I'm not sure exactly how yet, I might do classic flying techniques, starting with reduced gravity bouncing and working my way up. Or I might do something else, like growing wings, transforming myself into a bird, or summoning a dragon 8-)
Lucid Dreams So Far: 5

Current Goal: Trying to get back on my old habits, start recording my dreams again, rekindle my self awareness, and have another productive lucid dream.

dizzyuluru

Postby dizzyuluru » 26 Dec 2016 04:29

Lucid_Emo wrote:Thx for the tips! I decided to try flying. I'm not sure exactly how yet, I might do classic flying techniques, starting with reduced gravity bouncing and working my way up. Or I might do something else, like growing wings, transforming myself into a bird, or summoning a dragon 8-)

The first time I flew I just started running and then jumped into the air and kinda glided upwards. It was pretty simple. It's like the pixie dust from peter pan, if you believe it, it will happen.
Lucid Dreams: 24
Dreams Recorded:344
Days recorded: 201 (Started Sept. 18, 2016)
Last updated 4/4/17

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 01 Jan 2017 10:08

dizzyuluru wrote:The first time I flew I just started running and then jumped into the air and kinda glided upwards. It was pretty simple. It's like the pixie dust from peter pan, if you believe it, it will happen.

Sometimes its that simple but for others it isnt, it all depends on how strong the subconsciousness is impacting onto the dream too. Hence you may well believe you can fly in a dream but for some they may struggle with it due to subconsciousness expression of things.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”