Please HELP!

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
MegaVrund789

Please HELP!

Postby MegaVrund789 » 27 Dec 2016 20:22

GUYS, i've had lucid dreams where i am laying down but my eye lids are heavy and i can't move my body, I don't know why this happens. And any lucid dreams I've had till date, in them, i know i'm dreaming but in the dream, i just continue what i was doing, and i have 0 control of me and what's happening. plus, in any of my lucid dreams, what happens is i figure out that i'm dreaming but "my dream me" thinks it's no biggie.

Lucid_Emo

Re: Please HELP!

Postby Lucid_Emo » 27 Dec 2016 20:59

MegaVrund789 wrote: GUYS, i've had lucid dreams where i am laying down but my eye lids are heavy and i can't move my body, I don't know why this happens.

This is called sleep paralysis. Sleep paralysis happens every night. Your body paralyses so you can't act out your dreams. But sometimes your body will paralyse even when you aren't asleep, which is what's happening to you. If it happens when you go to bed at night, then you can actually transition right into a lucid dream, which is awesome. This is called a Wake Induced Lucid Dream or WILD.
MegaVrund789 wrote: i know i'm dreaming but in the dream, i just continue what i was doing, and i have 0 control of me and what's happening.
I suggest next time this happens, you stabilize your lucid dream. Do this by rubbing your hands together and saying: "I'm dreaming. This is all a dream." In order to become fully lucid, you must fully understand that what you see in front of you isn't real, and you're really just asleep in bed. If you do this you will have much more success in your lucid dreams.
Lucid Dreams So Far: 5

Current Goal: Trying to get back on my old habits, start recording my dreams again, rekindle my self awareness, and have another productive lucid dream.

MegaVrund789

Postby MegaVrund789 » 29 Dec 2016 03:55

But when i said that it happens to me( the sleep paralysis you were talking about). but the thing is, it happens in my dreams

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 02 Jan 2017 05:12

He cant stabilize in that manner as he cant move.

You need start trying to create another dream if you are stuck i a dream where you are sleep paralised. There are many different ways to do this and if you cant move, do it in a way which doesnt involve movement (you need to stop thinking about how you cant move as you may then maintain this and being stuck).

You can create a dream by thinking about things and trying to do things once you are in the right state eg focus instead of your senses and use those to pull you into another dream eg Listen.. Listen hard and try to hear "something" .. it doesnt even matter what you are trying to hear as if you are dreaming your subconsciousness can create something for you to hear. Imagine something is right on the verge of your hearing and if you strain to hear, you will hear it.., really concentrate on this (this will help take your mind off of being paralysed in the dream).

You can do the same with smell. If you stay relaxed and start focusing on things a dream should come in which you can participate in.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”