Looking for other dreamers :)

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
AleahAlate

Looking for other dreamers :)

Postby AleahAlate » 28 Dec 2016 07:58

My name is Leah. :) I'm 24. I've been working on lucid dreaming for about six months now, but havent had too much luck. It seems to be hard for me. I have had quite a few lucid dreams, but they are usually VERY short and I wake up before I get to do much in them. Complicated stuff for my subconscious brain apparently. Hopefully, with practice and luck with lucid dreaming, I want to explore other avenues like astral projection and the like. I have been looking for somewhere to share my weird lucid/not lucid dreams and talk about what they might mean as well as gain insight on ways that work for me to achieve lucidity. I know there's a way that works best for me, I just need to find it! :) This looked like a fun, helpful place to do just that!
ALeahAlate

Sean Jacobs

Re: Looking for other dreamers :)

Postby Sean Jacobs » 31 Dec 2016 00:31

Welcome AleahAlate.

I can sympathize with your frustration. Lucid dreaming, both becoming lucid and staying in the dream, can be very difficult. Stick with it and seek as much information as you can.

For me, the tricks that have worked for me to stay in a lucid dream longer are:
- Try to fully engage all of your senses in the dream. This helps to trick your brain into thinking you are in the real world without losing lucidity.
- Stay calm. Getting to excited wakes me up quickly. I have to try very hard to remain calm.
- Try not to think of your physical body back in bed. I've done this on a few occasions and it seems to draw my mind back to my physical body and then I wake up.

I hope your lucid dreaming experience gets better soon.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

AleahAlate

Postby AleahAlate » 31 Dec 2016 05:50

Thanks :) Ive been seeing some progress lately with lasting a bit longer in a dream :) I shared one of my dreams on the Dream Interpretation board and paying attention to my senses in that dream really helped me to become and stay lucid. It seems that my biggest struggle is remembering that I WANT to be lucid. I become lucid and think to myself "hm. Im dreaming. That's nice" and then go back to whatever I was doing in my dream. Only a few times have I become lucid enough to change my dream and do whatever I want. Lol
ALeahAlate

ctrain46

Postby ctrain46 » 01 Jan 2017 05:14

hey Leah, I'm Colton :D I'm 26, i've known about lucid dreaming and astral projection for a few years now but have never really been committed to it. I've never really been someone to start or change something for the new year, but I would REALLY like to get this lucid dreaming thing down haha, and I feel like my efforts would be better if I had some sort of accountability or at least a place to discuss any breakthroughs, so maybe this thread is a good spot :p

I've only ever had ONE lucid dream and basically immediately woke up since I was so excited haha. lately I haven't been very successful with reality checks during the day, and my dream journaling has been inconsistent, so my first goal is to get these remedied :D

Return to “Introduce Yourself”