Third Lucid Dream!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Lucid_Emo

Third Lucid Dream!

Postby Lucid_Emo » 28 Dec 2016 13:21

Wow! I had my third lucid dream tonight.

I was sitting in class, trying to decide whether I was lucid or not. I can't remember my full inner discussion, but during this time I was half asleep on my desk. At some point I thought, Ok, everyone else is awake and I'm the one dreaming. Cool philosophy, but not really lucidity. I decided to just pay attention to the teacher.

"Ok, class," he said. "Today we'll learn about lucid dreaming. Do any of you know what a lucid dream is?" He called on a little boy in the back. "A lucid dream is when you know you're dreaming." The teacher nodded. "Correct. For example, right now is a lucid dream."

That's when it hit me. I was dreaming. I didn't really remember to stabilize my lucid dream, but I did a reality check and said to myself: I'm dreaming. This is all a dream. My surroundings zoomed into focus. I noticed they looked kind of like Minecraft. I turned and faced the class. "I'm lucid dreaming!" I announced. "I'm going to try flying!"

This was kind of awkward, because obviously I wouldn't do this in real life. But to my surprise, the class understood. They whispered eagerly about the new girl who was a lucid dreamer. "Okay, have fun!" the teacher replied. I punched through the window in a single hit and took off.

It wasn't so much flying as gliding. It was kind of like elytra gliding or spectator flying in Minecraft, which made sense because the landscape still looked like Minecraft. Trees and rocks weren't a problem; I zoomed right through them. When I hit the ground, I bounced thirty feet into the air and felt a wonderful feeling of weightlessness. Then I'd glide back down again. It was amazing.

Then I saw my friend, who was also gliding! She greeted me excitedly. "I decided to try lucid dreaming too!" We continued flying around together, but she started complaining of my clinginess. I started to lose lucidity. "You go there," she pointed to a space, "and I go here." Irritably, I took off again.

A bit later, I decided to take a break. I noticed all my friends huddled together, talking about something. I tried, but I couldn't join the conversation. At that point I pretty much lost lucidity, but that was okay because I woke up 2 seconds later. When I woke up it was an hour before I wake up, proof that the best lucid dreams happen in the early morning. I reflected that my squabbles with friends were likely a dream sign about my real life insecurities. So anyway, that was my third lucid dream. :D
Lucid Dreams So Far: 5

Current Goal: Trying to get back on my old habits, start recording my dreams again, rekindle my self awareness, and have another productive lucid dream.

dizzyuluru

Re: Third Lucid Dream!

Postby dizzyuluru » 28 Dec 2016 17:21

Sounds pretty cool, thanks for sharing! :)
Lucid Dreams: 24
Dreams Recorded:344
Days recorded: 201 (Started Sept. 18, 2016)
Last updated 4/4/17

Sean Jacobs

Re: Third Lucid Dream!

Postby Sean Jacobs » 28 Dec 2016 19:27

Excellent Lucid_Emo! That is a great LD!

Your subconscious mind is helping you out with the teacher talking about lucid dreaming. That is fantastic. I've actually missed reality checking when a dream character mentioned lucid dreaming and I didn't even thing to do it.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”