Implant a Dream Sign into your dreams?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Sean Jacobs

Implant a Dream Sign into your dreams?

Postby Sean Jacobs » 28 Dec 2016 20:43

Hello all.

I don't know if this topic has ever been covered before, if so please point me to that post. :D

So, in my experience with lucid dreaming I've noticed that I generally don't have any major constantly reoccurring dream signs. However, I have noticed that seeing myself in a mirror in my dream has often triggered a lucid dream because my dream can't seem to mimic an accurate reflection of me. This got me thinking that if I could somehow "implant" a mirror in to more of my dreams it would greatly increase my chances of having a lucid dream.

I am going to begin stating a mantra (along with my standard mantra's) before I go to sleep at night. Something like, "While dreaming tonight I will look at myself in a mirror."

Has anyone ever done something like this before? If so, did it work?

Thanks.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Nestor

Re: Implant a Dream Sign into your dreams?

Postby Nestor » 24 Mar 2017 13:55

Hola, Sean! And, did it work with the implantation of the mirror? Thx for sharing!

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 24 Mar 2017 16:17

Hi Nestor. Unfortunately it didn't.

I now feel that trying to implant a dream sign would work very sporadically at best. So it would not be an effective way to achieve lucidity.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 26 Mar 2017 02:49

You might be on to something actually. We see our reflection in more than just mirrors. We can see it on any reflective surface like a spoon, surface of water, or the TV and computer monitors when they are dark. We never notice it, but if you started to, it could be an all day reality check habit that carries over into your dream.

Once in a dream, even if you have no reflective surface, the very thought of finding your reflection may spark the thought, "am I dreaming?"

I think it might actually have some benefits for you that you can harness, since that's one of your natural ways to become lucid anyway.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”