Help moving from sleep paralysis to a LD

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
AleahAlate

Help moving from sleep paralysis to a LD

Postby AleahAlate » 29 Dec 2016 05:43

Im having problems with moving from sleep paralysis to a lucid dream. I usually try to lucid dream on a day off after I wake up early. My boyfriend is a morning bird and he is usually up around 4 or 5 am. I need much more sleep than that! Lol usually I will fall back asleep once he wakes up and goes into the living room to do whatever he does at 4am. It always seems to be prime time for dreams. I always remember my dreams when I go back to sleep around this time. They are always very vivid. In a sense, I guess I'm doing a sort of wake-back-to-bed induced lucid dream. Right? So anyways, I usually close my eyes and lay very still. I try to concentrate on nothing. If I do I usually try to repeate a mantra or work on creating a dream scene, focusing on the details and including things that will help me realize I am dreaming. When I start feeling urges to move, I ignore them and work harder on my dream scene. Once I get past the itching stage, I feel my body fall asleep (which is soooo weird I still get the shivers every time it happens) and almost instantly start hearing things, feel different prescences standing next to me, and seeing faces or pictures flash behind my eyelids. Obviously all of this means I finally fell into sleep paralysis. Strangely enough, I usually dont have a hard time getting myself out of sleep paralysis if it scares me too badly. I can move my body without much effort at all. Unfortunately, this seems to make it very hard to enter my dream body and partake in my dream in a lucid state. I cant ever tell if I am moving my real body or my dream body. If I succeed in standing up, I somehow convince myself that It is my real body and not my dream body, and then I fall into my dream, and fail at entering it lucidly. All my reality checks seem to barely pass, and I dont become lucid. After I wake up and recount me dream, I realize that I should have known I was in a dream, but for some reason my judgement was skewed or something is hindering my ability to see imposibilities for what they are, instead I convince myself that they are normal. Has anyone else had any of these problems? Any tips on how to get by any of my roadblocks? Anything and all advice is much appreciated! <3 Thanks all! :D
ALeahAlate

Lucid_Emo

Re: Help moving from sleep paralysis to a LD

Postby Lucid_Emo » 29 Dec 2016 20:34

Hmmm I'm not sure if this would work but here's a possible solution:

Twitch your fingers. It doesn't matter how you twitch your fingers. Just make repetitive tiny movements with them, over and over again. Feel your muscles contracting and expanding. Eventually your fingers will get fatigued and stop moving, but you will still feel them moving. After that I'm not sure, but this should get you out of your physical body and into your dream body.
Lucid Dreams So Far: 5

Current Goal: Trying to get back on my old habits, start recording my dreams again, rekindle my self awareness, and have another productive lucid dream.

AleahAlate

Postby AleahAlate » 29 Dec 2016 21:18

Sweet thanks! :) i will give that a try next time i get that far without falling asleep! Lol
ALeahAlate

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 02 Jan 2017 05:03

I feel my body fall asleep (which is soooo weird I still get the shivers every time it happens) and almost instantly start hearing things, feel different prescences standing next to me, and seeing faces or pictures flash behind my eyelids. Obviously all of this means I finally fell into sleep paralysis. Strangely enough, I usually dont have a hard time getting myself out of sleep paralysis if it scares me too badly. I can move my body without much effort at all.

If you can move your body without much effort at all, this isnt what sleep paralyses is, experiencing sleep paralyses is when someone finds they are paralysed and find they cant move their body.

We all get different symptoms in the state between sleep and awake many dont experience sleep paralyses for you its obviously the images behind the eyelids though these also also happen just in deep meditation states so not necessarily mean someone that someone has reached the state of in between awake and asleep. If one starts experiencing things outside of themselves it usually means one is heading more towards a sleep (LD) state.

I cant ever tell if I am moving my real body or my dream body.

This is where reality checking can come in handy. Whatever kind of reality checks you are doing, it should be of the kind in which if you can know for sure that its a dream if something occurs so dont go then doubting your result. eg the reality check of pushing thumb throu hand, it shouldnt be something for you to question if you do it. Do not do reality checks of the kind where you will question a positive result, be clear in your mind before you start what a certain result would mean eg if I can breath through my nose while holding it I AM then dreaming!. If you get a positive result that you are dreaming, dont doubt and go retesting that its a dream (as that then often can cause a failed reality check)
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”