Anyone have insite on this? Dream: The Perfect Family

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
AleahAlate

Anyone have insite on this? Dream: The Perfect Family

Postby AleahAlate » 29 Dec 2016 06:29

Just wondering if anyone has any insite on what anyting in this dream may mean. It is a very tough one for me to crack, I'm kind of emotionaly attached to it. Well.... here it goes....

The Perfect Family
In real life, my boyfriend (of 7 years) and I just had a HUGE fight. We've both been stressed about money and work and it has been taking a tole on our relationship. I had a full blown panic attack, which I have never had, and he ended up holding me until I fell asleep. In my dream, we had our own NICE house, we were happy, married, and we had lots of real friends. We had them all over for a party of sorts, and I was VERY pregnant. He was the perfect husband, loving and protective. He constantly told me to sit down and relax. All my friends were talking about when I would have the baby and how good I was doing. Everyone seemed to think it would be any moment that I would go into labor (it almost seemed like they were at the house to celebrate the baby's birth) they kept asking me if I had everything ready and set up, I assured them I did. Everyone left for a few minutes to get snacks or something and I spent a few minutes smiling and reveling in the sheer perfection of my life. My unborn child, doting husband, and supportive friends. All of a sudden I felt HARD kicking. It was so unbelivably real. I have never had a baby before, but I KNOW that this is exactly what it feels like. Dont ask how I know. Intuition maybe. I realized that this kicking wasn't going to go away. I was in labor, and it was happening. I was going to be a mom. I went into our master bathroom and tried taking some deep breaths. The kicks turned into contractions, and I started screaming. I felt it all, like it was really happening. I remember screaming in my dream, grabbing the door frame and feeling my nails dig into the wood. I felt every grain of the wood, and felt my boyfriends arms wrap around me and hold me up. It was the most loving thing I have felt in dream life or real life. At this point, I became lucid in my dream. The pain ended up "waking me up" and I thought to myself, "this isn't so bad. I can do this. It will probably be worse in real life, but I can do it." I decided to continue with the dream, because I was loving it, even thought it was extremely painful. I realized that I needed to start pushing. For some reason there were two mountain bikes in our bathroom and I told my boyfriend to move them, because I was going to have the baby. After he moved them, I just knelt down on the floor and had the baby. I wont go into detail to save the graphic mess, but let's just say, it might as well have been a live recorded birth for how real it was. It was the most painful thing I have ever experienced, even though it was a dream. It was awful, but when I saw our baby boy's face, and the joy and love my boyfriend had for us, I started crying. I woke up in real life, and all I felt was pain. My stomach hurt, every part of my body was on fire, and I felt like I was pregnant. Waking up was the most confusing thing I have ever experienced. I ached everywhere, and I felt very alone. It took a long time to feel my real life body again. For a while after waking I still felt my dream body. It was even worse that I wasn't all the way awake, I didnt have my baby, and my boyfriend wasn't the same loving father he was just seconds ago. I found out that he woke me up because I was crying in my sleep. We still had issues after our fight that night, and I didnt feel like I could tell him about the very personal dream I just had. As background info, years ago, I miscarried. I was only 8 weeks. I dont know if this dream was telling me that we will get over our issues and someday be the happy family we were supposed to be long ago, or what; but it was the most realistic, happy, and painful dream I have ever had.... It was both the best and worst because it is exactly what I want, but don't have. And I cannot figure out what it means.
ALeahAlate

JustMe

Re: Anyone have insite on this? Dream: The Perfect Family

Postby JustMe » 29 Dec 2016 17:17

Do you usually have dreams that are predictive? I do, and if I had this dream, I would think it meant that I was pregnant or would soon be. I actually had dreams of being pregnant and having a baby right before I found out I was pregnant. I would probably take a pregnancy test if I had a dream like this. Sometimes you know in your subconscious things that you don't really know yet consciously.

AleahAlate

Postby AleahAlate » 29 Dec 2016 20:18

I do. Sometimes but obviously not always. The strange thing to me was the raw emotion in this dream. Ive had dreams of being pregnant before, but nothing this real and emotional and Ive never given birth in a dream. I dont think Imin the right.... part of my cycle to be pregnant, but I guess I will wait and see. Its kinda hard to tell if this dream stems from the extrememly emotional fight we had, or my desires for our relationship.... hm
ALeahAlate

Price

Postby Price » 06 Feb 2017 06:12

In your dream you had the perfect life. Everything you wanted, you were so happy. You wake up feeling miserable because you realize how far away from your perfect life you are. When you woke up your boyfriend was not loving, you don't have the life you wanted.

This could be a wake up call to dump your boyfriend and change your life, so you can get the loving husband you deserve. Don't you want someone to lovingly hold you when you are giving birth. Is that your current boyfriend? If it isn't maybe your dream is telling you, you need to change.

Also the dream was the most painful experience you ever had. Your dream showed you that you can deal with more pain then you ever have felt before. Afraid of leaving your boyfriend, afraid of changing your life. Afraid of the pain you will bring onto yourself. You dream showed you that you can deal with it. In fact you have to deal with it if you want to "give birth" to your new life that you will love just as much as you loved that child.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”