Hello Lucid Dreamers

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Stonewalljacks

Hello Lucid Dreamers

Postby Stonewalljacks » 31 Dec 2016 21:04

So, Hello everyone. I live in Utah, and I am 15. I discovered lucid dreaming a while ago, and have had 3 or 4 lucid dreams in about 3 years, yeah it's sad because I haven't really been committed, but I want to be and I have tried a lot and nothing really seems to be working for me. I tried a lot of beginner teqnuiqes and only tried them for a few days, but without TOO, much success, and I know I just need a pointer in the right direction. And I really want to, and these past few days I have been having vivid dreams and then I would wake up forget then remember them, so my dreams have become more vivid, and I would really like to get better at lucid dreaming because it would be a good thing to do for 2017! I am ready to basically forget everything I know an act like a beginner and I would like to have techniques I can try and I am willing to and I can be dedicated, anything will help, anything that works for you tell me, I will gladly take your advice and I want to. I KNOW with practice I can do this and I know I can learn and do this skill for 2017, anything helps, thank you!
Life is good! :D

Summerlander

Re: Hello Lucid Dreamers

Postby Summerlander » 01 Jan 2017 02:23

Welcome, Stonewalljacks! 8-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Stonewalljacks

Postby Stonewalljacks » 01 Jan 2017 11:19

Summerlander wrote:Welcome, Stonewalljacks! 8-)

Hello Summerlander! Any advice you want to give? A personal experience would also help, actually anything will really :D

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 03 Jan 2017 19:03

Stonewalljacks wrote:So, Hello everyone. I live in Utah, and I am 15. I discovered lucid dreaming a while ago, and have had 3 or 4 lucid dreams in about 3 years, yeah it's sad because I haven't really been committed, but I want to be and I have tried a lot and nothing really seems to be working for me. I tried a lot of beginner teqnuiqes and only tried them for a few days, but without TOO, much success, and I know I just need a pointer in the right direction. And I really want to, and these past few days I have been having vivid dreams and then I would wake up forget then remember them, so my dreams have become more vivid, and I would really like to get better at lucid dreaming because it would be a good thing to do for 2017! I am ready to basically forget everything I know an act like a beginner and I would like to have techniques I can try and I am willing to and I can be dedicated, anything will help, anything that works for you tell me, I will gladly take your advice and I want to. I KNOW with practice I can do this and I know I can learn and do this skill for 2017, anything helps, thank you!
Life is good! :D

Welcome Stonewalljacks. Congrats on your lucid dreams! Unfortunately the hardest part of lucid dreaming is consistency. I've been LD'ing on and off since 2004. When I'm focused and consistent I have LDs more often, once I stop being consistent they disappear.

Here are the things that have worked for me in order from most to least important:
1. Keep a dream journal and try to capture (in as much detail as possible) at least 1 dream every night. I hate keeping a dream journal. Honestly it is a pain in the butt. But I have to admit, it works. It helps you to spot dream signs and helps you remember what it "feels like" to be in a dream versus the real world.
2. Do reality checks often. Personally, I count my fingers on one of my hands. But I ALWAYS count beyond 5 (usually to 8) with the 100% expectation that I will see 8 fingers. Dreams are about exceptions. If you expect something to happen in a dream, it usually will. So, I do RCs when ever I find myself in a new environment (when I go outside, RC - When I go to the restroom, RC - When I get into the building where I work, RC - When I go any place new, RC). Also, anytime something happens that is "unusual" or anytime I have heightened negative emotions I do a RC. I find that in my dreams I end up in unusual places, unusual things happen, and I often have negative emotions (example from last night - I'm in someone's yard playing baseball but I don't know who's yard. There is a $2 bill nailed to a branch of a tree. I need to climb up to get the $2 bill, but I'm scared I will fall and hurt myself. In real life all of these events should have triggered me to do a RC...but it didn't last night.
3. Develop your own personal "dream mantra". So, it can be something like "I will realize I'm dreaming tonight" or "I will become lucid in my dreams tonight." When you lay down to go to sleep repeat this mantra over an over again, and really believe it. You are trying to convince your subconscious into following your instructions.
4. Practice visualization regularly. Take your dream journal and read some of your recent dreams prior to going to bed. Find a place in the dream where you should have done a reality check and become lucid. Now close your eyes and replay the dream in your mind in as much detail as possible. When you reach the point where you should have done a RC, begin to fantasize that you did to a RC and became lucid. Then continue to fantasize what you would have done if you were lucid in that dream.

Hope this helps.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Stonewalljacks

Postby Stonewalljacks » 04 Jan 2017 20:39

Thanks Sean!
I understand that I probably need to start a dream journal again. That doesn't surprise me because it is something that helps people. And I have been trying things on those lists. I will try 2x as much and 2x as often. That will probably lead to success. I have been doing things on the list, but I should more often. Thank you though! That was really helpful, and I do see where I can add more of what I have been doing recently. And yeah i need to remember that this is a journey and I shouldn't give up no matter how hard. But when I do have my next LD I will be ready for it. I have been reading stuff on this for awhile so I am sure that I can have a good and successful LD. This was VERY helpful! Thanks! I ill keep at it, and I wont stop until i reach my Goal!
Should I keep trying different techniques like WILD DILD MILD? And mix it up?
Life is good!

JoaquínM

Postby JoaquínM » 13 Jan 2017 05:50

I KNOW with practice I can do this and I know I can learn and do this skill for 2017, anything helps, thank you!

Hello Stonewalljacks and welcome to the forum. I'm new aswell. I got into this three days ago with the goal of increasing my dream recall and I'm already having results as two out of the three night I remembered my dreams. I'll wait to get better with dream recalling and then I'll try some techniques. I highly recommend to keep a dream journal, since it's working for me.

I'll take advantage of this post to ask a question about something Sean Jacobs wrote:
So, I do RCs when ever I find myself in a new environment (when I go outside, RC - When I go to the restroom, RC - When I get into the building where I work, RC - When I go any place new, RC). Also, anytime something happens that is "unusual" or anytime I have heightened negative emotions I do a RC
In real life all of these events should have triggered me to do a RC...but it didn't last night.

I'm not sure if I understand how do RCs work exactly. Is the point of doing RCs to get used to them and start doing them automatically in your dreams? If it is, why didn't it work for you? How long does it take to start doing them without noticing in your dreams?
Thanks! It's too late in my country I should go to sleep. Wish me luck!
A few random quotes from my dreams:
You'll always have something to learn
Look! They're running! They're running!

MILOWIK

Postby MILOWIK » 15 Jan 2017 00:05

Hello there

Return to “Introduce Yourself”