Does Swallowing Ruin WILD LD Attempts?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
MysticalMeadows

Does Swallowing Ruin WILD LD Attempts?

Postby MysticalMeadows » 31 Dec 2016 22:36

Hello dreamers of the World of Lucid Dreaming Forums! I've been trying to lucid dream for about 13 days so far and I've just been recording my dreams in my dream journal and doing reality check while trying MILD every night (which hasn't worked so far). I've tried WILD a couple times and the first time I managed to pretty much paralyze from my legs up to my arms, so I was only partially paralyzed, but I had a problem where I couldn't stop swallowing my saliva. I tried a WILD after waking up at 4:00 a.m., but I couldn't manage to stop swallowing my saliva. So my question is to pull off a WILD LD does it require you to stop swallowing saliva?

All responses are greatly appreciated. :D

taniaaust1

Re: Does Swallowing Ruin WILD LD Attempts?

Postby taniaaust1 » 01 Jan 2017 09:15

I have an orthopedic pillow which has like a large hump under my neck and holds like my chin up. I used to struggle with swallowing when trying to LD but now with my pillow and the way it holds my head, I dont have that issue now with saliva (think think it now just runs down the back of my throat rather then building up).

You have too much focus on trying to get paralysed, this could ruin your WILD attempts.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”