First Lucid Dream - first post

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Synchronicity

First Lucid Dream - first post

Postby Synchronicity » 01 Jan 2017 10:21

Hello! I just finished reading the book Lucid Dreaming Plain and Simple and had my first intentional lucid dream last night... at least I think I was lucid. It's possible that I was dreaming I was lucid.

I didn't originally remember the dream when I woke in the morning, but it came to mind in the shower.

After recording a dream I had just awoken from, I used the lucid dream induction technique of repeating "I'm dreaming, I'm dreaming" as I was drifting back to sleep. I remember being in the dream and openly sharing that I was dreaming. I said to a dream figure and to anyone who was around (rookie mistake but it was exciting) I asked One dream figure if there was anything I needed to know or that he wanted to show me. There wasn't much interaction.

Then, I seemed to be following along with the dream and speaking to others about dreaming. I suggested we all try to levitate. I was unsuccessful. That's what leads me to believe that it may have been a dream about being lucid, rather than actually being lucid. The one other time I recall achieving lucidity in a dream, I immediately decided to fly around without any problem, other than waking up a few seconds later.

Any thoughts? I'm excited to be here and look forward to learning and getting to know all of you! Happy 2017!!

Pilgrim

Re: First Lucid Dream - first post

Postby Pilgrim » 02 Jan 2017 02:49

That is an interesting consideration that you make about whether you might be dreaming of lucid dreaming. I think dreaming of lucid dreaming verses regular lucid dreaming might be a hard distinction for me. The only thing that appears unusual, based on my experience, is that I have never recalled a lucid dream at a later time (other than immediately upon waking).

That you could not levitate, or otherwise do anything that you wish, happens sometimes to most lucid dreamers. Few have complete control in a lucid dream every time.

Happy 2017 to you too!

taniaaust1

Re: First Lucid Dream - first post

Postby taniaaust1 » 02 Jan 2017 06:32

One can forget a lucid dream if one ends up drifting into a non lucid dream. Its no different to how someone may wake up in the middle of the night and go to the loo or get a drink but the next morning not remember they got up briefly or how a child may wake up during the night from a nightmare but then not remember having done so the next morning.

This may esp occur if the time lucid was very short. I often wake myself up after a LD or after a certain amount of time to write them down and make sure I dont forgot any of my lucids. As far as I know I havent forgotten any yet. Most are aware that at times one can become vague of things they did while lucid once they wake up or forget fine details once they awake like names of dream characters or say if you got given an address in your LD (I find it very hard to remember full names and addresses if I got that from a DC in a dream)

This is another reason why it can be good to have good dream recall and be keeping a dream diary.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”