Do You Need A Consistant Sleep Schedule?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
MysticalMeadows

Do You Need A Consistant Sleep Schedule?

Postby MysticalMeadows » 01 Jan 2017 23:56

Hello dreamers of the World of Lucid Dreaming Forums! I was wondering if a consistent sleep schedule (going to bed and waking up at the same time every single day) needed to up my chances of Lucid Dreaming?

All responses are greatly appreciated. :D

Sean Jacobs

Re: Do You Need A Consistant Sleep Schedule?

Postby Sean Jacobs » 04 Jan 2017 16:53

MysticalMeadows wrote:Hello dreamers of the World of Lucid Dreaming Forums! I was wondering if a consistent sleep schedule (going to bed and waking up at the same time every single day) needed to up my chances of Lucid Dreaming?

I don't believe a consistent sleep schedule is required to be a successful lucid dreamer. In some cases, being overtired is conducive to lucid dreams because you body tries to make up for lost REM state by increasing the duration of REM earlier.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

MysticalMeadows

Postby MysticalMeadows » 04 Jan 2017 22:12

Sean Jacobs wrote:
MysticalMeadows wrote:Hello dreamers of the World of Lucid Dreaming Forums! I was wondering if a consistent sleep schedule (going to bed and waking up at the same time every single day) needed to up my chances of Lucid Dreaming?

I don't believe a consistent sleep schedule is required to be a successful lucid dreamer. In some cases, being overtired is conducive to lucid dreams because you body tries to make up for lost REM state by increasing the duration of REM earlier.
Thank you, that's good info to know. :)

Lyra

Postby Lyra » 08 Jan 2017 16:15

In my experience (take with a grain of salt, I'm a bit of a newb :P), a consistent sleep schedule is not necessarily required. However, getting enough sleep seems to be an important factor ... for me, at least. I find that when I get less than 7 hours of sleep, I'm barely able to recall my dreams let alone achieve lucidity.
"All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better."
— Ralph Waldo Emerson

MysticalMeadows

Postby MysticalMeadows » 08 Jan 2017 19:11

Lyra wrote:In my experience (take with a grain of salt, I'm a bit of a newb :P), a consistent sleep schedule is not necessarily required. However, getting enough sleep seems to be an important factor ... for me, at least. I find that when I get less than 7 hours of sleep, I'm barely able to recall my dreams let alone achieve lucidity.
Thank you for the info. :D

Return to “For Beginners”