New to the lucid dreaming scene

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Useless893

New to the lucid dreaming scene

Postby Useless893 » 02 Jan 2017 07:46

If anyone has any pointer or tips Ive never lucid dreamed. I have dreamed soo vividly at times that I wake up thinking it was real although i have no control over anything i feel as if thi lugh it is real life. I usually do something bad and the police are searching for me and i have this bottomless pit feeling that ive fucked up and my life is over then i wake up so relieved it wasnt real. Last one i had was a couple days ago and i drwamt someone broke into my house and i woke up grabbed my pistol and ran to the door, I seen two people feeing about a half a block down i fired twice and hit them bot i inspected and realized i killed them and freaked out thinking i was going away for 25 to life. I woke uo relieved it wasnt real. There have been times when i think i may have had control but when i go to soeak to someone in my dream my vision blurs and i collapse. I will get back up and make another attempt but i will try to force words out but cannot speak and i will collapse again with blurred vision my wife usually tells me i was moaning in my sleep the next morning. I came here to gain full control and lucidity of my dreams. I want to do things i could never have done and see those that are no longer with the living. I am not here to have some crazy sex fantasy dream. I simply want to find myself even if i need to start with the subconscious. Thank you and I apologize for ranting on

Sean Jacobs

Re: New to the lucid dreaming scene

Postby Sean Jacobs » 03 Jan 2017 18:46

Welcome Useless893. I'm not a fan of your screen name. I feel you should use something more positive. :-)

As for tips, other than the standard stuff: keep a dream journal to help with dream recall. Do reality checks on a regular basis during your waking hours to develop a habit that will flow over into your dream life. Create a lucid dreaming mantra that you repeat over and over as you are lying in bed before drifting off to sleep, such as "I will realize I'm dreaming tonight."

In your case your case you may be quire lucky. If you have reoccurring dreams, which have similar events and or emotions you can use that to your advantage. So, in many of your dreams if you are feeling extremely upset that you have done something wrong you should do a reality check every time you feel upset in real life. Also, you should spend some time daily remembering those dreams, except this time when you reach the point you are feeling extremely upset you should see yourself doing a reality check and becoming lucid...then fantasize about what you would do if you were lucid in that dream.

My wife does a reality check every time she enters a bathroom, because this is a reoccurring theme in her dreams (don't ask me why). She isn't actively pursuing lucid dreaming, but this habit has paid off with several lucid dreams.

I hope this helps.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Useless893

Re: New to the lucid dreaming scene

Postby Useless893 » 12 Jan 2017 08:23

Thank you for the reply sorry it has taken a while for me to respond as your reply didnt show in my notifications. Anyway, I appreciate the advice, could you maybe elaborate a bit on what your meaning by a "reality check"?

Return to “Introduce Yourself”