Waking up in a dream

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Skytak888

Waking up in a dream

Postby Skytak888 » 03 Jan 2017 13:54

I have a problem.
It happens to me really, really often (almost every lucid dream)
The thing is that while in the lucid dream I 'wake up' but really I just wake up in the dream. I do not wake up in real life. As if I had a false awakening but not in my home (but I have the feeling that I fell asleep there) . And because of this I forgot to stay lucid and the lucid dream ends.
Does anyone experience something similar? Can someone please help me?

Notamritsaini

Re: Waking up in a dream

Postby Notamritsaini » 03 Jan 2017 20:35

Same happens with me every time i am lucid. I'm in control but then i woke up in dream a i think i really woke but in fact I'm sitting and dreaming and realize it when i really wake up. It's like brain doesn't want me to be lucid.

Lucid_Emo

Postby Lucid_Emo » 04 Jan 2017 00:01

This is called a false awakening and it's very common for lucid dreamers. False awakenings can be resolved by doing a reality check first thing after you wake up. You will realize you're dreaming and your false awakening will turn into a lucid dream.
Lucid Dreams So Far: 5

Current Goal: Trying to get back on my old habits, start recording my dreams again, rekindle my self awareness, and have another productive lucid dream.

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 04 Jan 2017 17:28

I've had a few false awakenings. They can be very annoying.

But, lately I started wearing a sleep mask. So, if I wake up and can see anything I will instantly know that I'm still dreaming.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”