How many times do have to do a reality check in order to do it in my dresms?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Jbaltus

How many times do have to do a reality check in order to do it in my dresms?

Postby Jbaltus » 03 Jan 2017 17:15

So how many times do have to do my reality check per day or week, in order for me to do it in my dreams? How many times do you practise per day?

Thanks for reading :)
Im still a learner!

Sean Jacobs

Re: How many times do have to do a reality check in order to do it in my dresms?

Postby Sean Jacobs » 04 Jan 2017 17:21

Jbaltus wrote:So how many times do have to do my reality check per day or week, in order for me to do it in my dreams? How many times do you practise per day?

Thanks for reading :)

I don't really keep track of the number of times per day, but it is often. Instead of just making a point to do RCs (like setting a reminder on my phone) I do RCs based on what is happening at the moment. My triggers to RC are: 1. Whenever I enter a new environment (I leave my house, RC...I enter the building where I work, RC...I use the restroom, RC....etc.); 2. When I have a negative emotion (fear, anger, annoyance, etc); 3. When a weird or unexpected situation occurs (I almost get into a car accident, my boss is upset with me, my wife unexpectedly initiates sex, I find money on the street, etc - this often goes hand-in-hand with heighten emotions)

These situations tend to show up in my dreams. Here is an example from last night: I find myself in my parent's old house (they no longer own this house - new and strange location); my friend Dave is there (he lives in very far away now - weird situation); I have to go outside and there are bees everywhere so I'm afraid (negative emotion and weird situation). However, I didn't do a RC or even notice anything was wrong. But I've only been back into LD'ing for a little over 2 weeks. It will take longer to ingrain the RC habit into my subconscious.

One other thing, just prior to doing a RC I always very seriously question my reality. I stop, look around and really try to determine if I am dreaming prior to the actual RC.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Jbaltus

Re: How many times do have to do a reality check in order to do it in my dresms?

Postby Jbaltus » 04 Jan 2017 22:11

Sean Jacobs wrote:I don't really keep track of the number of times per day, but it is often. Instead of just making a point to do RCs (like setting a reminder on my phone) I do RCs based on what is happening at the moment. My triggers to RC are: 1. Whenever I enter a new environment (I leave my house, RC...I enter the building where I work, RC...I use the restroom, RC....etc.); 2. When I have a negative emotion (fear, anger, annoyance, etc); 3. When a weird or unexpected situation occurs (I almost get into a car accident, my boss is upset with me, my wife unexpectedly initiates sex, I find money on the street, etc - this often goes hand-in-hand with heighten emotions)

These situations tend to show up in my dreams. Here is an example from last night: I find myself in my parent's old house (they no longer own this house - new and strange location); my friend Dave is there (he lives in very far away now - weird situation); I have to go outside and there are bees everywhere so I'm afraid (negative emotion and weird situation). However, I didn't do a RC or even notice anything was wrong. But I've only been back into LD'ing for a little over 2 weeks. It will take longer to ingrain the RC habit into my subconscious.

One other thing, just prior to doing a RC I always very seriously question my reality. I stop, look around and really try to determine if I am dreaming prior to the actual RC.

I haven't tried the RC in different situations yet, probably because there is not much different going on this week. Just being lazy. But thank you very much! :)
Im still a learner!

Return to “For Beginners”