Adultery or Masturbation?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

Adultery
20%
Masturbation
80%

Total votes: 5

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 04 Jan 2017 22:45

I have an interesting question, which may have been asked before but I couldn't locate it.

Let's say you are an expert lucid dreamer. You have mastered becoming lucid, controlling your dreams, and staying in your dreams under all circumstances. Let's also say you are happily married or in a committed monogamous relationship.

One night you decide to conjure up an old girlfriend or boyfriend and have incredibly hot dream sex with him or her. You decide to continue having a "dream sexual relationship" with that person because you enjoy it both physically and emotionally. You also decide not to mention it to you spouse (or current boyfriend/girlfriend) because you suspect it would really bother that person.

Are you cheating on your significant other or are you just masturbating in a virtual reality setting?

Feel free to participate in the pole, and to post responses with the reason for your selection. I'm looking forward to hearing your opinions.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Beethoven

Re: Adultery or Masturbation?

Postby Beethoven » 06 Jan 2017 11:20

I believe that there is a massive difference between fantasy and reality. As long as it's kept as a fantasy I don't see a problem with it.

Lyra

Re: Adultery or Masturbation?

Postby Lyra » 08 Jan 2017 16:49

I think humans are very rarely 100% monogamous. However, poly-amory is not always practical or permissible. I also think we all have our secrets, and there's nothing inherently wrong with that. With this in mind, I see lucid dreaming as a play-ground for any desire or fantasy to be safely explored. Like most other things in life though, moderation is probably key. For example, if one found that their lucid fantasies were becoming an obsession that impacted their real life/relationship negatively, it may be a sign to look a little deeper into why these fantasies are so necessary and to such great extent.
"All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better."
— Ralph Waldo Emerson

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”