Hi, I am happy to join

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
lia78

Hi, I am happy to join

Postby lia78 » 05 Jan 2017 13:13

Hello,
I had some lucid dreams before but it was the last night dream that made me to search for this topic online. I am happy I found the whole community of people that have the same experience.
Ad last night dream - I was walking with my daughter and suddenly realized she disappeared. I told to myself, it's fine, it's just a dream, I will find her later. From that moment my mind was fully aware of what I was doing in the dream. All the people walking around were nice and kind, there was just a scary moment - like if somebody is touching you from behind but you don't feel the touch, you just feel the cold, almost freeze. It felt like an evil force and I fell on the ground. Everybody was rushing towards me to give me hand and help me to get up.
Then I had a little chat with a girl passing by, went to a bar where was playing music - wanted to dance, but nobody was there, so I said to myself, I should rather wake up as it was already 5 o'clock when I fell asleep (I woke up during the night and couldn't fall asleep till 5), so alarm clock will go off soon. So I tried to lift up arms and legs and forced the body to wake up.

I hope I will find here great tips how to have these dream situations better under control and my next lucid dreaming will be smoother :D
By the way, can you refer me to some theories about who are these people passing by in your lucid dream?

Thank you and enjoy your day
www.astromagicstar.com

Sean Jacobs

Re: Hi, I am happy to join

Postby Sean Jacobs » 06 Jan 2017 21:39

Wow lia78. That was a great dream. I wish you the greatest success with your lucid dreaming pursuits.

The people walking around in your dream are "dream characters" all generated by your mind. Your mind is an amazing thing. Your dreams are build on your expectations. You were walking down a street, and your expectation was there would be other people walking on the same street, so your mind filled your expectation.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

lia78

Postby lia78 » 09 Jan 2017 10:23

Hi Sean,

thank you for reacting.
It is actually very interesting what you wrote - that dream characters are as we expect them. This is a very crucial point in control of dreams if I realize the characters are not what I WISH them to be but what I EXPECT them to be.
No wonder the dreams are not as I want them, but as my subconscious expect them to be.
www.astromagicstar.com

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 10 Jan 2017 08:39

Hello and welcome to the forum!
There are so many aspects to lucid dreaming that you will find as you explore and ask more questions and make your own threads. That's what I did starting out and this place was so helpful to bounce ideas off of because it's so rare to have a concentrated community of lucid dreamers. The internet has changed how we learn, and I can't believe others had to grow up lucid dreaming in the past without it. I would have gone mad if I couldn't find others to relate to. Welcome to the club!

I'll just point out two things.

lia78 wrote:it was already 5 o'clock when I fell asleep (I woke up during the night and couldn't fall asleep till 5)

You inadvertently did the "Wake Back To Bed" method, or WBTB for short. This works very well in my experience.

lia78 wrote:This is a very crucial point in control of dreams if I realize the characters are not what I WISH them to be but what I EXPECT them to be.

You are on to something. What makes up most of our dreams? Even if lucid, I don't control everything. Expectation and deep desire underneath the surface is probably stronger than our feeble conscious mind. Your EGO is a drop in a bucket of the ocean of a lucid dream.

I got poetic and deep with that last line.

Again, welcome to the forum.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 10 Jan 2017 08:43

One more thing:
lia78 wrote:By the way, can you refer me to some theories about who are these people passing by in your lucid dream?

I actually started the Dream Character thread after suggesting it to Rebecca (creator of this site), and it was a serious pursuit of mine to figure out what made these people behave the way they do. What makes them tick? Do they have logic? I have since come to the conclusion that they are just reflections of your own self, but then again, sometimes they seem sentient and know it's a lucid dream. It still baffles me to this day.

I had many theories, but they keep changing. I can't answer, but it has certainly intrigued me for a very long time.

lia78

Postby lia78 » 10 Jan 2017 09:24

Thank you, Hagart, I will definitely go to read the thread you mentioned.

It is now subject of my interest - why are people in a lucid dream act as they do and not as I want them to act - that's what makes the lucid dream different from a fantasy.

I realized that there was a flesh of expectation in my mind before they did something. For example, I assumed I might be in danger by having this type of dream as it looks like a different dimension where you can meet demons - and immediately the "demon" was behind me making me fall to the ground. Then I thought, people will probably come to help me, and everybody did.

But when i am looking for a certain person and wish that person to be there, no chance.

That's what makes me think that everything in the dream is happening based on our experience, not depending on our will, almost like real life, just in a subjective view.
www.astromagicstar.com

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 10 Jan 2017 11:20

They feed off our own emotion, which you are starting to realize. Sometimes we are not aware of it and they are a curious folk.
Dream Characters is an entire section here, not a single thread. There is much to explore. I don't mean here on the forum, but in our own minds.

Question everything and remain curious.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”