what can I do with this sensation?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
neil

what can I do with this sensation?

Postby neil » 07 Jan 2017 21:04

When I attempt WILD, or indeed when I meditate or do corpse pose after yoga, I get a sensation which I feel could lead into lucid dream. I wonder of anyone recognises it and has used it.
This is what happens - I keep awareness on 3rd eye/pineal area and get those lovely blissful feelings, then the awareness of my body becomes less clear - there is a sensation there, but it does not have a 'body shape' any more - the dark oval that makes the visual field in front of my eyes becomes more of a space, and there is a feeling of movement, it could be falling or flaoting, the space I occupy could be expanding or contracting, it is hard to tell exactly. It is as though what was once a solid body, is now a swirling space of energy, it is a lot less dense. I seem to occupy more space but have less physical matter. this passes after some time.
Is there anything I can do with this? can I use it as a passage to lucid dreaming?

DreamerMan99

Re: what can I do with this sensation?

Postby DreamerMan99 » 14 Mar 2017 01:39

It sounds like hypnagogic sensations to me. Yes, if you can find a way to continue "floating down the stream" so to speak with this sensation, it will lead to a lucid state.

Often the problem is that one can become too focused on the sensations, and it is akin to "anchoring yourself to the bottom", as the sensation continues to flow around you yet you go nowhere with it.
Good luck,
Dream on.

neil

Re: what can I do with this sensation?

Postby neil » 15 Mar 2017 19:24

thanks mate, I think I know what you mean by floating down the stream, will give it a go

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”