Wassup? :D

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
PerceusJackson1

Wassup? :D

Postby PerceusJackson1 » 07 Jan 2017 23:00

Hello, my name is PerceusJackson1.
I'm am from and live in the US. I don't have internet access at home, and so to be able to access the web, I have to come to the library or use it at my school....secretly...

I'm a Freshman in High school, 15 years old. I found out about lucid dreaming a few months ago. I wasn't really THAT committed, but I made a new year's resolution to become a lucid dreamer in 2017.

So far my results:
FAIL
FAIL
FAIL
*too tired
FAIL
FAIL
FAIL

And it seems to me that I fail at lucid dreaming....

I'm hoping that this forum can help me become a lucid dreamer, and once I do, I too can help others.

My lucid goals....I don't really have any "goals" but one thing I like about Lucid dreaming is that I am in full control (once mastered) of my dream life. I have a rough life in reality and it would be cool to control mine. (Such as a crush I have, or overpowering bullies, etc). I do want to be able to have dreams that inspire me. I'm a writer so ... *Writer's Block *Help.

Anyway...
Off to finish my homework

PerceusJackson1

Lyra

Re: Wassup? :D

Postby Lyra » 08 Jan 2017 05:52

Welcome! I am also new the forum. :D While I have had lucid dreams in the past, they do not come naturally for me; it can take a lot of patience and discipline. It's easy to become discouraged.

So far my results:
FAIL
FAIL
FAIL
*too tired
FAIL
FAIL
FAIL

And it seems to me that I fail at lucid dreaming....

I've certainly been in your shoes - there have been times where it seemed like no matter how hard I would try, lucid dreaming was just out of reach. I think obsessing over perceived failure or the 'need' to succeed can become a sort of mental block. This mindset could also be contributing to the writer's block you mentioned. I find that in general it helps to try and let go. Convince yourself that there is no rush. Relax the mind and let things happen naturally.

Do you to keep a dream journal by chance? For me, this is key to developing good dream recall and recognizing common dream themes. Also, are you in the habit of doing daily reality checks? This too is helpful. In most of my initial lucid dreams, something strange would happen on a computer screen (words would shake, pictures would blur, etc.) I credit this to performing daily reality checks while checking email and social media. Sometimes, just the act of discussing lucid dreaming with others can inspire a lucid dream!

Anyway, hang in there and good luck!
"All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better."
— Ralph Waldo Emerson

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 11 Jan 2017 01:53

Welcome to the forum.

I agree with Lyra. Starting out you should record all your dreams with as much detail as possible. It will improve your ability to recall them, and familiarize yourself with the common themes, or 'dream signs', that can make you realize you are dreaming. You can be in a dream and think, "This is just like a dream I always have. I wonder if I'm dreaming now?"

I also agree that trying too hard may actually be detrimental in your pursuit to lucid dream. I've heard others say that too, and when they stop trying and just sleep normally, it then finally works. Our brains are finicky.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

PerceusJackson1

Postby PerceusJackson1 » 01 Feb 2017 00:24

Rest in Piece I have not connected to the internet in so long. To answer your question if you are still looking, no I have not but I have started keeping a dream journal...Thank you all for the welcomes!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”