Mild Advice.

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
LearningToDream

Mild Advice.

Postby LearningToDream » 08 Jan 2017 00:12

I'm going to be trying MILD for my technique (I am a beginner and have heard MILD would be best for beginners) so to maximise my chances of getting my first lucid dream I would like to have some advice for MILD. Thanks :D

MysticalMeadows

Re: Mild Advice.

Postby MysticalMeadows » 10 Jan 2017 02:42

LearningToDream wrote:I'm going to be trying MILD for my technique (I am a beginner and have heard MILD would be best for beginners) so to maximise my chances of getting my first lucid dream I would like to have some advice for MILD. Thanks :D
-> I'm no expert, but I know how MILD works <- Some advice is to do more than just doing MILD to induce a lucid dream. You should have a dream journal that you write the dreams that you remember every single morning, even if you don't remember very much (build the habit). This will greatly enhance your dream recall and dream vividness which will really help in inducing a lucid dream. Another advice is to sleep for 6 hours and do a WBTB (Wake-Back-To-Bed), if you don't know what that is, it's basically when you wake up and spend a few minutes waking up your mind (not your body) and do MILD like you said you wanted to do (telling yourself that you're going to be aware and lucid in your dream). Another advice is to do reality checks and ask yourself during the day if your dreaming, even if it's obvious that you're not dreaming. You want to build the habit so you'll do it in your dream and realize "wait a second this is a dream!". And there you go. Hope this helps. :)

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 10 Jan 2017 16:50

MysticalMedows gave some good advice above.

I agree that you should have a dream journal, make sure that before you go to sleep you resolve (by telling yourself) that you will wake up after each dream and remember that dream. When you awake from your dreams, don't move. Stay perfectly still and try to remember your dream in as much detail as possible. Then jot some notes down to help trigger your memory in the morning, when you will write the dream in detail. Next, replay the dream in your head. Find a dream sign, in that dream and fantasize that you noticed it, did a reality check, and became lucide. As you get ready to go back to sleep resolve that you will become lucid in your next dream. Find a phrase that works for you like, "In my next dream I want to remember I'm dreaming." Repeat your phrase as you drift off to sleep.

Review your dream journal before you go to bed at night. Find dream signs and keep track of them by category (examples of a category for me are: Negative Emotions (I'm often annoyed, anxious, or upset at some point in my dreams), New Place (I often find myself in places I don't recognize in real life), Unusual Occurrences (I'm doing things I wouldn't normally do), Unusual People (I'm with people who I don't normally see - celebrities, childhood friends, etc), Unusual Objects (objects that don't look right or are in strange places - Cell phone looks like a toy, van in the middle of my front lawn). I try to then do reality checks when ever I see anything close to these categories in real life.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

LearningToDream

Postby LearningToDream » 11 Jan 2017 16:27

Thanks for the advice! :D

Return to “For Beginners”