New to forums hello and question.

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Doctadajman

New to forums hello and question.

Postby Doctadajman » 08 Jan 2017 09:26

Hey dreamers,

I am new to the parts and have a question that has been eating at me for a long time. I started lucid dreaming 7 years ago in a dark way. Sleep paralysis was the trigger. If that's what you want to call it anyway. I remember waking up and checking the clock. Then I was paralyzed and couldn't move. A woman stood in the doorway and glared at me. Following her stare a smile broke her lips and a man shaped shadow moved around her and attacked me. I could feel the weight of him on me and I was convinced I was going to die. A loud ringing and then nothing. I looked back at the clock and 8 minutes had passed.

Fast forward 6 weeks of repeat struggles from this shadow 5-7 times a week (minus the woman which was a one time thing) and I finally was able to move my finger. Once my finger moved I climbed out of bed and collapsed then I woke again. The night after my breakthrough against whatever was attacking me I was able to get up and keep my footing. The shadow fled my room and as I followed it I stopped at my door to check on the other person in the room and found myself laying in my bed. I turned from my body and confronted the shadow. While the ending of that tale was good for me it's not why I am here.... I want to better understand the difference between lucid dreaming and projection or out of body experiences.

Since then I am able to achieve lucid dreaming frequently (3+ times a week) but it always comes in the form of me fighting paralysis and sluggishly fighting my way from my room. The fight is so exhausting to get out of bed that I don't always get to enjoy the world... when I enter a dream in this manner I bid my body farewell and walk out the front door into a world that looks so similar but infinitely different from my street. Different people species and decor but still the layout of my neighborhood. Rarely am I able to travel far or quickly and most of the time the characters are different.

All of this is different from when I simply am mid dream realize I am dreaming and then do as I please (love dancing with water or discussing ideas with aliens) this realization almost always comes after either a flurry of tornados I have to escape or flood that has occurred.

Is it common for the entry into the dream world's to be so violent and taxing? And is it even simply dreaming when I have to physically peal myself out of my body to get there? I am trying to be better at meditation and to enter more by choice and into happier circumstances. And look forward to learning from everyone. Sorry for long post just 7 years of questions bursting out at once.

Sean Jacobs

Re: New to forums hello and question.

Postby Sean Jacobs » 10 Jan 2017 17:02

Hello Doctadajman.

I have never experienced the things you describe in your post. What I do know is that dreams are based on expectations, often subconscious expectations. If you are dreaming when you need to "fight your way out of your body", it could be this is what you expect to happen; because that is how it started, and how it has always happened so far. Once you are actually dreaming you can have complete control of your dream if you fully understand that you have complete control of your dream if you choose to take control, and REALLY believe you can do so. Once you realize you are dreaming tell yourself (preferably out loud) that you are dreaming and you have complete control of your dream. You must really believe this is true. Remember, your dream body is not constrained by sleep paralysis only your physical body. Your dream body can move. The shadow is a creation of your imagination and has no power over you and you can dismiss it with your will.

I hope this helps.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”