Failed recognizing dream signs

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
JoaquínM

Failed recognizing dream signs

Postby JoaquínM » 13 Jan 2017 15:47

Last night I failed sooo bad recognizing dream signs. They were everywhere, they had different forms but it felt so normal to me in the dream.
After writing it I looked for drean signs and I found this:
-There was no city at all, just the building I live in
-The exchange student that was staying in my house for a few months in 2015 was still here
-I said I played american football and I don't even know the rules (It's a really unknown sport in my country)
-The night turned into day in a few seconds
-Many people from my school I don't even know their names and I haven't see them outside school were in this dream

I guess I shouldn't worry about it, I'm just a beginner in this whole thing. But it's kind of disappointing since dream signs were everywhere. :lol:
A few random quotes from my dreams:
You'll always have something to learn
Look! They're running! They're running!

edgzamora2

Re: Failed recognizing dream signs

Postby edgzamora2 » 13 Jan 2017 20:47

Same thing happens to me, it is really frustrating to wake up and write your dreams to realize there were a lot of things that would have induced a lucid dream. Don't give up and keep practicing, it will all be worth it when you are able to have a full lucid dream. P.S I am also a beginner.

neil

Postby neil » 15 Jan 2017 18:09

This happens to me, some dreams have all my main dream signs in (like playing football with Aliens in my secondary school), and I think FFS how could I not tell that was a dream. I read that the part of your brain involved with logic and reasoning (frontal cortex, I think) is inactive during dreams, so your ability to reason that it is a dream is reduced. I once implanted a dream sign on purpose, I spent all day visualising lions hunting people and following me around, that night I dreampt of lions, did I realise I was dreaming? No.

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 16 Jan 2017 20:07

This happens all the time to me as well.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Return to “For Beginners”