Funny (but not for me) Dream Story

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Sean Jacobs

Funny (but not for me) Dream Story

Postby Sean Jacobs » 13 Jan 2017 16:09

Here is a funny, although not at the time, dream story from last night.

I have been struggling with bout of insomnia for the last 4 nights. Last night I got to bed around 10 pm, and awoke after a dream (which could not recall no matter how hard I tried) at around 1:30 am. I couldn't get back to sleep so at 2:30 am I took a nice boring book and headed to the couch in my living room. I read until after 3:30 am and decided to try going back to sleep. I made myself comfortable under my blanked facing the back of the couch and tried to fall asleep. Suddenly, I hear this loud electronic music playing behind me. I roll over and there is a strange square device on my coffee table playing this music. I roll off the couch onto my knees in front of the coffee table and grab the device. As I search for a what to shut it off I scream out in frustration "IS THIS A [email protected]%&ING JOKE!!!" I then notice a cord attached to the device which runs under my couch to a wall outlet. I grab hold of the cord and yank it out of the outlet. The music stops. Suddenly I have emotionally overwhelmed by frustration of not being able to get enough sleep for 4 days. I begin to sob uncontrollably. I fall limply to my right, so my right arm and side of my body is on the edge of the couch. My wife comes running into the room. She comes over to me and puts her arm around my shoulders and asks sympathetically, "What's the matter?" With tears in my eyes I reply pitifully, "I just want to go to sleep." I continue to sob and she hugs me........Then I wake up. I'm still on the couch in the same position I was in when I fell asleep.

Even my subconscious mind doesn't want me to sleep. :(
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Lucid_Emo

Re: Funny (but not for me) Dream Story

Postby Lucid_Emo » 14 Jan 2017 04:45

Ha that's a funny but not so funny dream story. XP

I actually had a similar dream to this. I went to bed two hours later than normal and accidentally woke up at like 4:00 and couldn't get back to sleep. Strangely, after a very long time of trying to get to sleep, I went downstairs and my whole family was awake. Then my relatives came over at 5 in the morning, but of course my dream self suspected nothing. We had a good old time until the morning, when I had to go to school. I was dead tired from that night, so I asked my parents: "Do I have to go to school?! I really need to sleep." Strangely, they said yes. I went back upstairs, curled up in my bed...

and woke up. -.- that was not a good day.
Lucid Dreams So Far: 5

Current Goal: Trying to get back on my old habits, start recording my dreams again, rekindle my self awareness, and have another productive lucid dream.

Sean Jacobs

Re: Funny (but not for me) Dream Story

Postby Sean Jacobs » 16 Jan 2017 16:27

That was a good one Lucie_Emo.

Sometimes the subconscious mind does some pretty cruel things. :)
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”