Dream Journaling

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Lucid_Emo

Dream Journaling

Postby Lucid_Emo » 13 Jan 2017 22:04

Since winter vacation I've been slacking off with my dream journal. I haven't written in it for a long time.

My dream recall is generally still good, I usually remember one or two dreams per night if I don't wake up in the middle of the night (then I remember more)

The problem is, I don't write in my dream journal anymore. I always think You have more important things to do! Writing down your dream will take forever. Often I think that I will remember the dream and don't need to write it down, but no--it goes poof.

How can I get back onto my habit and start dream journaling again?
Lucid Dreams So Far: 5

Current Goal: Trying to get back on my old habits, start recording my dreams again, rekindle my self awareness, and have another productive lucid dream.

jasmine2

Re: Dream Journaling

Postby jasmine2 » 14 Jan 2017 00:17

I suggest, keep a note pad and pen at bedside. If you remember any dream fragment, even when you're turning over at night, try to quickly scribble down a few words describing the dream - surroundings, situation, characters, emotion, sensation. Or sketch any unusual object or symbol in the dream.

Look at the note pad before you get out of bed in the morning. If you recall a few more dream bits, add them. Later you can transcribe the partial (?) dreams to a dream journal. However, it's easy for 5 scribbled dreams to turn into a stack of 50. Then it's procrastination time, and the dream journal just gathers dust. (I speak from experience).

Also, he dreaming mind seems to be attracted to color. Creating some simple water color or colored pen drawing of dream objects, etc. (or clay sculptures, other crafts, dancing, etc. can help to perk up flagging interest in recording and working with ordinary and lucid dreams.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”