Awareness in Lucid Dreams

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Lucid_Emo

Awareness in Lucid Dreams

Postby Lucid_Emo » 14 Jan 2017 04:55

I'm having awareness problems in my lucid dreams.

Most dreamers live their lucid dreams in a high quality akin to reality. They have almost all their cognitive capabilities in real life, and they can see and live their dream like it's real. I can't seem to do that. I tried the 'clarity now' command in a dream, and it worked pretty well. I was able to see a brick wall in my house with perfect clarity. But I never stopped to wonder: Why is there a brick wall in my house? Once I went back to thinking and doing stuff in the dream, the clarity went away and everything was vague again.

What can I do to increase the vividness and awareness of my lucid dreams?
Lucid Dreams So Far: 5

Current Goal: Trying to get back on my old habits, start recording my dreams again, rekindle my self awareness, and have another productive lucid dream.

SleepyKitty

Re: Awareness in Lucid Dreams

Postby SleepyKitty » 16 Jan 2017 04:53

My favorite method of boosting my awareness (and the vividness of my dream) is rubbing my hands together. I don't actually know why this works, but it's one way lucid dreamers raise awareness in their dreams.

Other methods are:spinning around, shouting "clarity" in your dream, feeling your surroundings(this one is also my favorite because once you feel how real the dream seems, the 'shock' kind of bumps up your awareness.)

Hope this helped :)
Image Meow

HAGART

Re: Awareness in Lucid Dreams

Postby HAGART » 17 Jan 2017 02:37

Something I have done a few times is just stop everything I'm doing and fall backwards and remain perfectly still and just see what happens. It's a risky maneuver because it can cause you wake up, so I don't recommend it for beginners. For me, I remain perfectly still and just feel like I'm floating around for a while, or sinking down, or any host of sensations before a new dream scene starts, or get a false awakening, do a reality check and start lucid dreaming after I get up from a 'dream-bed'. It's as close to a Wake Initiated Lucid Dream that I ever have and they are always more vivid with more mental awareness.

I don't do this all the time, and you do run the risk of waking up, but on a few occasions it has actually worked.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”