My First Lucid Dream

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
RedBlack

My First Lucid Dream

Postby RedBlack » 15 Jan 2017 11:55

Hi guys, this is my first time on this website and I entered on this site because I want to Lucid Dream because day before yesterday and yesterday I tried MILD method, but it didn't work, I think I did something wrong, the day before yesterday I woke up and got to bathroom then I got back to sleep but I forgot to make my mantra or visualizing my dream. So I tried it again yesterday. I woke up, I got to bathroom then back to bed, I made my Mantra and vizualizing the dream I want. But it made me stay awake not to fall asleep... and I couldn't sleep, but after I stopped doing the mantra or vizualizing the dream. I fell asleep, but I don't rememember any dream... . What should I do?

JoaquínM

Re: My First Lucid Dream

Postby JoaquínM » 15 Jan 2017 20:34

Hello, and welcome to the forum.
I'm not that experienced, I mean, I'm a beginner, but I've read that something really important to do before trying any techniques is to keep a dream journal. If you keep a dream journal you'll increase your dream recall. If you don't have a good dream recall you won't remember your dreams even if they are lucid. So maybe that's the problem. Maybe not, but if the problem is related to the technique, I can't give you any advice since I'm still increasing my dream recall.
A few random quotes from my dreams:
You'll always have something to learn
Look! They're running! They're running!

RedBlack

Re: My First Lucid Dream

Postby RedBlack » 15 Jan 2017 23:01

JoaquínM wrote:Hello, and welcome to the forum.
I'm not that experienced, I mean, I'm a beginner, but I've read that something really important to do before trying any techniques is to keep a dream journal. If you keep a dream journal you'll increase your dream recall. If you don't have a good dream recall you won't remember your dreams even if they are lucid. So maybe that's the problem. Maybe not, but if the problem is related to the technique, I can't give you any advice since I'm still increasing my dream recall.

The thing is that I think I can remember my dreams, because day before yesterday I dreamed, but like I said it wasn't a lucid dream, and that dream I remember it, and I didn't forgot it till now, so should I still make a dream journal?

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”