Is this Newbie a Prodigy?

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
DeltaCraft_

Is this Newbie a Prodigy?

Postby DeltaCraft_ » 17 Jan 2017 23:29

Hello! I'm brand-new to this forum and lucid dreaming. I heard about it a few weeks ago via the Internet, but it wasn't until my first lucid dream that I really became interested.

I dream frequently. And by frequently, I mean more than once a night every single night. They're always very vivid. I also am the proud owner of a very hyperactive imagination, which probably is to blame for the weirdness of my dreams. However, I've only experienced a single lucid dream ever, which occurred about a week after I read about it. I didn't try to lucid dream, either. I just suddenly realized I was dreaming.

I'm dreaming. I'm dreaming!
The thought sent an explosion of euphoria surging through my chest.
I read about this. If I get too excited, I'll wake up. Do a reality check.
I realized how odd this was- I could think inside of a dream! I spun in a circle and the world came into focus.
It's like a zombie movie.
This, I thought in images, not words. I was in an alley, surrounded by multi-storied concrete buildings. Some windows were smashed in. A layer of sand-colored dust covered everything. It was like the apocalypse came through town a few months ago.
The article said flying was the hardest feat for beginners. Should I try it?
Again, in pictures. I actually think like this all the time.
I stared at my shoes and willed them to levitate. I rose about 5 feet in the air.
THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE.
A feeling, rather than words, conveyed to me by my subconscious. I dropped to the ground and my natural determination kicked in.
It's just like Peter Pan. If I believe I can fly, I will!
This time I spoke the words, except only in my head. I glared at my shoes.
I. Can. Fly.
Like a rocket, I soared into the sky. I can't describe in words my absolute joy. Faster, higher, I flew over the desolate city then above a green forest. With the slightest shift in my weight or tilt of my head, I changed direction, swooped down into a dive, or preformed thrilling inversions. I was in total control.
Eventually, I came across a radio tower. I could hear what was being broadcasted out of the satellite dishes while I flew up and around the tall structure.
So there *are* people here.
Just two steryotypical male broadcasters' voices. Suddenly, their message changed.
BREAKING NEWS: A FLYING BEING HAS BEEN SPOTTED NEAR A RADIO TOWER. I REPEAT, A FLYING BEING HAS BEEN SPOTTED. AUTHORITIES HAVE BEEN CONTACTED AND ARE IN PURSUIT OF THE BEING FOR FLYING CLOSE TO PRIVATE PROPERTY.
Oops. Apparently, flying near radio towers is illegal in dreamland. Go figure.
The last thing I remember is soaring away and hiding in a small house nearby. I don't recall the details, except I know my dream continued past that. I must have made what I now know to be another rookie mistake: failing to stay lucid by failing to stay alert.
However, when I awoke everything rushed back to me. I was giddy for the rest of the day.

I flew on my first lucid dream. I flew! Is this unusual for a first experience? I've read multiple stories of first-time dreams and they all end within 30 seconds whereas mine lasted at least 30 minutes.

It would be awesome to hear back from someone and get some beginners' advice. I can't wait until my next lucid dream!

---- DeltaCraft_

Sean Jacobs

Re: Is this Newbie a Prodigy?

Postby Sean Jacobs » 23 Jan 2017 16:01

CONGRATS on your first lucid dream DeltaCraft!! That was a fantastic first lucid dream! LDing is absolutely incredible and once you get started you can get better the more LDs you have. I hope your next LD comes very soon.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Return to “Introduce Yourself”