Any answers will be highly appreciated!!

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Lucidguy97

Any answers will be highly appreciated!!

Postby Lucidguy97 » 19 Jan 2017 15:02

Is it possible to change physical appearance through lucid dreaming? For example changing your eye or hair color by asking your mind to produce lesser/more melanin for your eyes or hair.. OR maybe gain/lose weight by increasing or decreasing/ testosterone etc..? Is it possible to alter physical appearance through lucid dreaming?
If so.. Have any of you tried it with results?
Any answers will be much appreciated

mhaller

Re: Any answers will be highly appreciated!!

Postby mhaller » 21 Jan 2017 00:42

Though I haven't done this because I am still a beginner, it is definitely possible according to what I have read! Since the dream is a fabrication of your thoughts you can pretty much do anything. The difficult part is accepting that these things are possible. In the book I am reading, it talks about morphing into animals, the opposite sex ect. Its called A field guide to lucid dreaming and I would highly recommend!

Salman Khan

Postby Salman Khan » 21 Jan 2017 10:12

Ofcourse it is possible. What I do is, I imagine a divine creature something like a big bright light. I then assume that this divine is going to control the dream and not me (infact it is always me that controls). I then ask this divine whatever I wish, and in a moment, my wish is fulfilled. Its all about connecting with your subconscious. Just see what method works for you.......

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 22 Jan 2017 00:39

Lucidguy97 wrote:Is it possible to change physical appearance through lucid dreaming? For example changing your eye or hair color by asking your mind to produce lesser/more melanin for your eyes or hair.. OR maybe gain/lose weight by increasing or decreasing/ testosterone etc..? Is it possible to alter physical appearance through lucid dreaming?

You seem to have rephrased a previous OP! Why? Unless I'm mistaking you for somebody else and this is just a coincidence. :D

Freed wrote:I transformed into a woman once out of curiosity and luckily I didn't wake up that way. All changes made in lucid dreams will only affect you in the dream world.

I'm kind of glad. Imagine if you changed some important hormone to something that it shouldn't be and died :shock:

I'm inclined to agree with Freed and I'll append what I posted elsewhere:

'There is talk of a lucid dreaming diet wherein craving for fatty foods and confectionery is allayed by only consuming such comestibles in lucid dreams and avoiding the real counterparts.

'Needless to say, in time, your body would change through weight loss. This would be directly caused by your avoidance of certain types of food in waking life as influenced by gormandising yourself in lucid dreams.

'But there is no way to make yourself taller through lucid dreaming (especially if you've stopped growing). You cannot change eye or hair colour either. Lucid dreams are mental in nature---their influence can only be subliminal.'

Salman Khan wrote:Ofcourse it is possible. What I do is, I imagine a divine creature something like a big bright light. I then assume that this divine is going to control the dream and not me (infact it is always me that controls). I then ask this divine whatever I wish, and in a moment, my wish is fulfilled. Its all about connecting with your subconscious. Just see what method works for you.......

Salman Khan, that is a hyperbolic distortion of what is actually possible. :lol:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 23 Jan 2017 01:12

I would expect an expression of how 'highly appreciated' our answers are but I'm not getting my hopes up. :mrgreen:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 23 Jan 2017 09:55

I grew my hair long in a lucid dream and could feel it with my hands so real, running my fingers through it. I had long hair in the past so I know what it was like to have that feeling again based on my memories of how it feels. Changing your body in a dream is certainly possible and I can attest to it. I'm sure there is a lot more I could do, but haven't tried much.

I once ran on all fours like a dog in a dream, but that wasn't lucid. This all may seem a bit weird, but hey, we are lucid dreamers. Being weird is who we are. ;)

I haven't experimented much with shapeshifting and altering my mental construct of my dream body, toying with proprioception, but it's certainly possible in a dream.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 23 Jan 2017 10:10

Wait a minute. I read the original post more carefully now. It's not about the dream body, but our physical one.
No, you can't change your real body in a lucid dream. If it was possible I would be Fabio by now. :D
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 23 Jan 2017 15:48

Lucidguy97 wrote:Is it possible to change physical appearance through lucid dreaming? For example changing your eye or hair color by asking your mind to produce lesser/more melanin for your eyes or hair.. OR maybe gain/lose weight by increasing or decreasing/ testosterone etc..? Is it possible to alter physical appearance through lucid dreaming?

Short answer: No. Dreams are only in your mind and will not allow you to change your appearance through will or influencing your subconscious mind.

Long answer: If you reach a point where you can lucid dream regularly (most nights) you can utilize your dreams to influence your subconscious mind to help motivate and encourage you to make positive changes in your life. If you desire to lose weight or get in shape you could very clearly visualize yourself, by looking in a mirror and altering your appearance, as how you would look when you reach your goal. Visualization is an amazing tool but trying to visualize yourself at your goal is difficult in real life, but very easy in a dream. You can actually perform activities you want to perform in real life; you can be amazingly flexible (doing full side splits for example), you can be amazingly strong (Bench press 300 lbs) etc. You can also practice physical acts that you want to accomplish. Surprisingly this type of visualization works amazingly well in a dream and can easily feed back to your conscious mind. If you want to get better any any repetitive physical activity, doing it repeatedly in a dream (which is as realistic as real life) will help you to develop doing the activity better in real life. Examples: Shooting free throws, skiing, skate boarding, surfing, throwing dart, I can go on and on.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”