Onions and lucidity

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
pennysuede

Onions and lucidity

Postby pennysuede » 20 Jan 2017 17:19

This is a bit weird, but I was curious if any of you had any experiences of this. I had been for a couple years actively working at lucid dreaming. I really have only been able to do it WILD method and was able to at will, but still a beginner. I put it aside because I had a couple classes I had to concentrate on but now that I'm done I'm trying to get back into it and I found it's been a bit hard for me to lucid dream again. So this morning I stayed home sick from work. I read that placing onions in your socks will remove toxins and make you better so I thought what the heck, I'll give it a shot. I laid back down and immediately started feeling the light sensation that I used to feel right before a lucid dream. So much so that I really thought that I was going to roll off my bed onto the floor and sure enough I was floating as quick as I wanted to which is always the prelude to lucid dream. I started to see patterns and shapes and finally my dream unfolded and I was very excited. It didn't last long but how powerful of a sensation I felt with the lucid dream I wondered if anyone else has had any experiences with that. As soon as I woke up I Googled it and sure enough there were a couple websites on the link between onions and lucidity so I thought I'd share.

warren

Re: Onions and lucidity

Postby warren » 21 Jan 2017 14:56

ok so i only started a week ago, i may not have the most telling results. BUT i tried this last night, and i did experience more. i have been having trouble getting any dreams, but with the onions in the socks i had 2 normal dreams. i did read on another forum that eating 3-4 garlic clove before bed helps too.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 23 Jan 2017 07:32

I think it's a placebo effect.
I could put a zucchini in my underwear tonight and if I truly believe it will work, it probably will.

However I did look up a link between onions and dreaming and there might be truth to it, but you have to eat them, I heard. Garlic is similar and perhaps ginger and turmeric. They are tasty and healthy and if it works, it works, placebo or not. I think there is definitely a link between what we eat, and how we dream. I heard Choline and B6 influence our dream recall and vividness which is found in many different foods.

As for onions in my socks, I can't knock it until I try it. It's going to be a weird laundry day when I do though. :D
I'm reluctant to try for another reason. Don't you know the old wive's tale that if you sleep with socks on you get nightmares?
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Dream23er

Postby Dream23er » 17 Feb 2017 16:27

Hey,

Glad to find an onion thread! I recently had a dream dreamsplaining lucid dreaming to someone and my explanation was that smelling onions were a great method for daytime reality checks combined followed by an onion on the pillow at night as the smell is so intense it crosses into the dream.

So far have managed to notice the smell in the dream but not yet become lucid-

Onions are cited as having oneirogenic properties in the book:Drugs of the Dreaming: Oneirogens: Salvia divinorum and Other Dream-Enhancing Plants

Be interested to know how you get on
;)

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”