yoga

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
neil

yoga

Postby neil » 21 Jan 2017 22:42

1. Has anyone done yoga postures once lucid to improve stability/clarity (or just to see if you can get your foot behind your ear?)
2. what about yoga postures to increase chances of becoming lucid?
I refer to doing yoga 'consciously', not just stretching, but also with a meditation-like focus on awareness

Sean Jacobs

Re: yoga

Postby Sean Jacobs » 23 Jan 2017 15:34

neil wrote:1. Has anyone done yoga postures once lucid to improve stability/clarity (or just to see if you can get your foot behind your ear?)
2. what about yoga postures to increase chances of becoming lucid?
I refer to doing yoga 'consciously', not just stretching, but also with a meditation-like focus on awareness

I have never done yoga poses once lucid to improve clarity or to stabilize the dream. I feel that it is much simpler to just rub hands together or spin. I have never done anything yoga related in a dream, however I am 100% certain you would be able to be as flexible as you believed you would be. Considering I can fly, climb walls and shoot web from my wrists like spider man, and all ow myself to be stabbed without injury...putting my foot behind my ear would be a very simple task.

I don't believe doing yoga will increase your chances of being lucid, unless you currently dream about doing yoga often. If yoga is a reoccurring activity in your dreams, you can continuously do reality checks whenever you do yoga in real life. This will become a habit over time and lead to you becoming lucid when you do yoga in your dreams.

I have no experience with "yoga consciously." So I cannot assist with that question.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

neil

Re: yoga

Postby neil » 25 Jan 2017 00:57

thanks for reply, rubbing hands sometimes does not help for me, (admittedly, I am relatively new to lucid dreaming), will give spinning a try. other posters here have said the reason for rubbing hands is to 'get your dream body activated, or feel the sensations of the body in the dream' , I do a bit of yoga and being aware of sensations of your body is a key thing, so I thought it might work to increase awareness of your body in the dream. I'll give it a go

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”