Really weird thoughts

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Unintended

Really weird thoughts

Postby Unintended » 25 Jan 2017 16:33

Well, when I am dreaming, I think everything is real, so I have to get lucid. However, when I wake up and go back to bed, I don't. For some reason, I think everything is just in my imagination, which is true, but I don't recognize it as a dream. Sometimes I realize it is too vivid to be just daydreaming, so I become lucid. Even then, the dream immediately collapses, I get SP, and either wake up or have a false awakening. At other times, I don't realize it is a dream, but I try to start hypnagogic induction with what I think is just a very vivid image, and get a huge surprise when it works immediately. However, the result is the same: SP, and real or fake awakening.
So my questions are two: how can I become lucid without my mind reacting in such a way? And is it a good thing to at least know it is not real? I have had good lucid dreams, but the vast majority, especially these days, are like that. Please help me :cry:

Sean Jacobs

Re: Really weird thoughts

Postby Sean Jacobs » 31 Jan 2017 18:20

Unintended wrote:Well, when I am dreaming, I think everything is real, so I have to get lucid. However, when I wake up and go back to bed, I don't. For some reason, I think everything is just in my imagination, which is true, but I don't recognize it as a dream. Sometimes I realize it is too vivid to be just daydreaming, so I become lucid. Even then, the dream immediately collapses, I get SP, and either wake up or have a false awakening. At other times, I don't realize it is a dream, but I try to start hypnagogic induction with what I think is just a very vivid image, and get a huge surprise when it works immediately. However, the result is the same: SP, and real or fake awakening.
So my questions are two: how can I become lucid without my mind reacting in such a way? And is it a good thing to at least know it is not real? I have had good lucid dreams, but the vast majority, especially these days, are like that. Please help me :cry:

Hello Unintended. I'm not sure I understand what is happening. Can you clarify?
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Unintended

Re: Really weird thoughts

Postby Unintended » 31 Jan 2017 19:10

Well, do you know when you are getting to sleep and you can easily see what you imagine, or otherwise just images that come to your mind?
When I am in a dream, instead of thinking "this is real", or "this is a dream", sometimes I have woken up, gone back to bed, and any dream that I may experience is for me only something which I am currently visualizing in my imagination. I really know it's not real, but I don't realize it's a dream.
My LDs keep collapsing, although I have recently managed to stay lucid dreaming for more than 10 seconds... What I want to know is what the strange thought about the dream is, or whether it is a good or a bad thing for what I want to achieve.
Sorry if the post looks unclear or messy... :oops: Has anyone experienced this and can tell me about it?

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”