1st lucid dream I have had on purpose.... what are your thoughts

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
madalynleane

1st lucid dream I have had on purpose.... what are your thoughts

Postby madalynleane » 27 Jan 2017 19:44

Cracked the code on Lucid Dreaming

I have been lucid dreaming for a couple of years now. Always when it happened, I was terrified because I didn’t know what was going on. I would experience sleep paralysis and panic and try and try to wake myself up without being able to move. I would see scary images feel things slivering up the bed and hear strange noises. One time I got so scared I was like mom I think I am going crazy I keep hearing things in my sleep obviously she was worried and let me sleep in her bed. Then I looked up sleep paralysis and it brought me to lucid dreaming and realized without my knowledge this is what was happening to me. Today on Friday January 27th of 2017 was the first time I actually tried to lucid dream on purpose and holy cow it worked. In the past in an effort not to lucid dream I sort of figured out how to do it. I find if I lay on my back close my eyes it can happen. Here is the trick though you keep your mind on. As you try to fall asleep you continuously think about anything. In this case today I was thinking about what I wanted my lucid dream to be about. Did I want to fly, have a fantastic sexual dream, step into a beautiful oasis, be a hero or just explore and travel the world? Imagination is complicated when dreaming. You can get it to do certain things but sometimes it just takes over. So I was lying there thinking and slowly falling asleep. It happened the initial panic set in, and when you panic in a dream, your imagination tends to produce imagery that would make you panic in real life dark shapes, weird noises, large figures sitting upon you. So I immediately chilled out and was like not this time you mean imagination you, we are going for flight. So I tried, and it was a little bumpy the first time. I was able to go into the air for a little, but then I would glide back down. Side note as I am writing this the dream is slipping away so I can’t remember what it looked like around me during this point but I think I was just in my room. So this was the first part of my lucid dreaming experimenting with flight and for the most part pretty successful. Eventually, I woke up in a very calm fashion I looked at my hands just to make sure I was awake, and there were only five fingers on each hand so I knew it must be true. I looked around noticed my dog Abbi who was sleeping by me. Her claws were stabbing me in the back so that might have been what had woken me up. Now here is the funny thing I don’t know how it happens but in a few minutes I was back in the dream, and I knew this because I looked at my hands and there were two extra fingers on each hand I was like well here we go let's get a little more adventurous with this one. I was thinking oasis. But for some reason, I don’t know why but my imagination couldn’t come up with an oasis, so it ended up being a lovely town super light and sunny outside the opposite of what Chicago has been lately. Green trees everywhere blue skies and weirdly enough lots of ordinary regular people. This time I was able to fly full on, and it was the most amazing feeling ever. I would jump off of things and then take high dives down and with the speed fly back up into the air. For some reason, I think my imagination works with a little bit of logic like for some reason I had to learn to fly in my dream weird I know. But here is where my imagination got real wacky other people were traveling too. As I said the dream is slipping away so I am going to get to the most interesting part to me, which is the dialogue that I had with some people, and honestly the only thing I can remember at this point. I met some people in the dream. I can’t remember their names or barely their faces any longer except I can remember one teenagers face pretty well. So I think I flew into an apartment building or hotel or something along those lines and I met a girl who was in a panic and looked like someone was chasing her. So I was like maybe this is my chance to be the hero lets see what happens here. I start talking to her and I notice she has a bag of really oddly shaped pills. I come to the conclusion she is an addict we have some sort of conversation and I get her to flush the pills down the toilet. The people she was hiding from come to the room they look like parents. They are they are the parents of her and the parents of her boyfriend who is not back to the room yet. I can’t remember any names but they immediately say to the girl lets get out of here while he isn’t back yet you have to stop doing this. I figure she is in love with this boy so naturally she wants to stay. For some reason I ask them are you guys dreaming and one of the parents says everyone here is dreaming. So I am wondering what the hell what if these are real people dreaming and we are all in one big dream world. What did I tell you my imagination is whacky. It gets weirder though. The boyfriend comes back and he has more pills with him and immediately does some of them and gets high he tries to make the girl do some has well. We are like Nah uh dude not anymore. His parents try to talk some sense into him as well. It's not happening. I want to say he takes the girls and flys off but I really can’t remember. This is what I do remember though I am talking to the parents and the most interesting conversation happens. I ask them if we are all dreaming are they really addicted in real life. The parents say yes my daughter is suffering from addiction. And the other parents say my son has passed away from dependence on drugs. Then I am like f******** my imagination is really flippin crazzzy. They then say this is the only place they can ever see their son again and even in death he still suffers from addiction. They try each night to make him stop because each night the girl who is trying to recover meets him in her dreams and relapses. She loves him and would rather be with him in her dreams. It’s a struggle each night that we fight. Then I ask them if he were dead would he not be in heaven or hell. Side note I don’t know if I believe in heaven or hell but it’s a popular belief and I'd like to know if it were true. One of the parents said all people or maybe he just said all children when they die come to the dream world and if they die from something like addiction they relive it over and over or until they can conquer it. So at this point I am just like woah my dream got real deep what does this mean. Oh and the face I remember the most is the teenage boy who had passed away from addiction. I just knew I had to share it so right now at this very second I registered to a lucid dream site and wrote this up. So yeah that was my lucid dream, and I gotta say it was a pretty interesting one, raised a lot of questions and thoughts in my head. I wish I remembered more but I knew I had to get that last part out before it slipped away.
P.S. Sorry for my many typos that are probably in here. I am not the best writer, but I wanted to share this.
Thanks for reading let me know what you think,
Madalyn Burroughs

bnp01

Re: 1st lucid dream I have had on purpose.... what are your thoughts

Postby bnp01 » 28 Jan 2017 19:25

That's deep (0.o)
Lucid Dreams: 11
Started Pursuing: December 11, 2016

Are you dreaming?

madalynleane

Re: 1st lucid dream I have had on purpose.... what are your thoughts

Postby madalynleane » 01 Feb 2017 21:09