How easy it is for you to read whilst in a lucid dream?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
IceMobster

How easy it is for you to read whilst in a lucid dream?

Postby IceMobster » 28 Jan 2017 15:10

Have you tried reading while lucid dreaming? Can you do it? How easy it is for you to do it?

I can not give personal experience as I've had a lucid dream only once and didn't remember to try to read something whilst in it. Concerning normal dreams, I distinctly remember how in this one dream it was tremendously hard to read and then remember what was written on this little piece of paper, so, yeah...

Sean Jacobs

Re: How easy it is for you to read whilst in a lucid dream?

Postby Sean Jacobs » 31 Jan 2017 18:15

IceMobster wrote:Have you tried reading while lucid dreaming? Can you do it? How easy it is for you to do it?

I can not give personal experience as I've had a lucid dream only once and didn't remember to try to read something whilst in it. Concerning normal dreams, I distinctly remember how in this one dream it was tremendously hard to read and then remember what was written on this little piece of paper, so, yeah...

For me personally, I can't read in my dreams (lucid or regular). I can see individual letters and numbers sometimes, but they are not put together in any way that makes sense.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

IceMobster

Postby IceMobster » 04 Feb 2017 17:56

Sean Jacobs wrote:
IceMobster wrote:Have you tried reading while lucid dreaming? Can you do it? How easy it is for you to do it?

For me personally, I can't read in my dreams (lucid or regular). I can see individual letters and numbers sometimes, but they are not put together in any way that makes sense.

Yeah, it is sooooo hard to read anything and especially remember what it says (if in regular dream).

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 05 Feb 2017 02:06

It is so easy, it isn't even funny.

In some of my WILDs, I read newspapers, open books, clocks, notes, trading cards, lectures on the board, and the list goes on, and I can read them really well, because I am not near-sighted in those lucid dreams.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”