Lucid Dream Inside a Non-Lucid Dream

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
bnp01

Lucid Dream Inside a Non-Lucid Dream

Postby bnp01 » 28 Jan 2017 19:43

This is also my first post, lol.

When it started, I wasn't lucid. But then, somehow I fell asleep in the dream? I think something like that.
Anyway, in this dream-in-a-dream, I was in my house at the top of the stairs. I never had that OH WAIT! I'M DREAMING! Moment, I just knew. I admired the detail on my hands and how real it felt. Then, I walked to the kitchen, where my mom was. I said hello, and she said it back. I told her, "Mom, I'm dreaming." She gave an indirect response.
Then I went to the table and sat next to my dad, and told him the same thing. He congratulated me. I just wandered around the house.
But it gets weird after that, because I woke up, but not fully, just back to my original dream, losing my lucidity. I went and told my dad about it. "Dad, you were in my dream! I told you and you congratulated me!" And then continued the dream, until I woke up, completely this time. And told my dad about it. The end.
So, that was my first, or at least, most lucid, dream I've had. I've had other dreams that involved lucidity, just a weaker, semi-version. I've never had any aha moments before. Thoughts?

dizzyuluru

Re: Lucid Dream Inside a Non-Lucid Dream

Postby dizzyuluru » 28 Jan 2017 20:10

bnp01 wrote:This is also my first post, lol.

When it started, I wasn't lucid. But then, somehow I fell asleep in the dream? I think something like that.
Anyway, in this dream-in-a-dream, I was in my house at the top of the stairs. I never had that OH WAIT! I'M DREAMING! Moment, I just knew. I admired the detail on my hands and how real it felt. Then, I walked to the kitchen, where my mom was. I said hello, and she said it back. I told her, "Mom, I'm dreaming." She gave an indirect response.
Then I went to the table and sat next to my dad, and told him the same thing. He congratulated me. I just wandered around the house.
But it gets weird after that, because I woke up, but not fully, just back to my original dream, losing my lucidity. I went and told my dad about it. "Dad, you were in my dream! I told you and you congratulated me!" And then continued the dream, until I woke up, completely this time. And told my dad about it. The end.
So, that was my first, or at least, most lucid, dream I've had. I've had other dreams that involved lucidity, just a weaker, semi-version. I've never had any aha moments before. Thoughts?

Sounds interesting. When you went to sleep in your dream and then 'woke up' again from the lucid dream, were you in a different place or the same place you were when you 'went to sleep' in your non lucid dream and woke up in the lucid?
Lucid Dreams: 24
Dreams Recorded:344
Days recorded: 201 (Started Sept. 18, 2016)
Last updated 4/4/17

bnp01

Re: Lucid Dream Inside a Non-Lucid Dream

Postby bnp01 » 28 Jan 2017 20:19

The non lucid dream followed some forgotten specific plot, but I do know I had fallen asleep at a hotel in it and woke up at the same hotel, and continued the same plot. So, yes, I did.
Lucid Dreams: 11
Started Pursuing: December 11, 2016

Are you dreaming?

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”