Skills developed or learned while lucid

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Theturnbow

Skills developed or learned while lucid

Postby Theturnbow » 02 Feb 2017 04:29

I have been a lucid dreamer my whole life but it is only in recent years that i have looked into the practice and its benefits. I have come to the realization that i can use my lucid dreaming abilities to learn how to do things. The most recent case being learning an entirely new subject that we started in my math class at school overnight. I walked out of class the following day not able to comprehend the lessons but i whent lucid the following night and started working out math problems related to the notes that i took and remembered. The following day i sat down and finished a 35 question quiz over the topic in about 10 minutes while the majority of my class didnt finish with a time limit of 45 minutes. Is this something that everybody can do? Or is this something that has not yet been studied and applied.

Sean Jacobs

Re: Skills developed or learned while lucid

Postby Sean Jacobs » 02 Feb 2017 20:19

Theturnbow wrote:I have been a lucid dreamer my whole life but it is only in recent years that i have looked into the practice and its benefits. I have come to the realization that i can use my lucid dreaming abilities to learn how to do things. The most recent case being learning an entirely new subject that we started in my math class at school overnight. I walked out of class the following day not able to comprehend the lessons but i whent lucid the following night and started working out math problems related to the notes that i took and remembered. The following day i sat down and finished a 35 question quiz over the topic in about 10 minutes while the majority of my class didnt finish with a time limit of 45 minutes. Is this something that everybody can do? Or is this something that has not yet been studied and applied.

Hello Theturnbow. That is impressive. For me, I can't read or make sense of numbers in my dreams. Everything looks like gibberish.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

MysticalMeadows

Postby MysticalMeadows » 15 Mar 2017 05:50

That's incredible. :)

Silence

Postby Silence » 15 Mar 2017 15:23

Im a high-elo player in a pair of games and I play them a lot (I should play less hehe). A lot of times I have dreams where im playing (Not lucid ones) and I can see everysingle key I press and a lot of details. The thing is that in that hyper realistic dreams my time reacts and my skill are really better than in real life. I would try to do it in a lucid dream next time!

Thethurnbown, thats insane great! But its kinda to believe, remember notes, problems and learn that much being that young... It can be true but just wow!
Sorry if my english its bad, im from spain. :P

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 16 Mar 2017 05:44

The very first real life skill I learned in my lucid dreams was not avoiding others.
I am able to read and tell time in a lucid dream. This is because in real life, I am good at numbers. Reading letters and symbols can be done with complex math equations as well. I come up with ideas for my multimedia (easy since being a designer and a lucid dreamer have the same ideas). I sometimes will use the martial arts in my lucid dreams against other characters, or will flat out train my techniques to make them more effective.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”