It needs to be a lot

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Beethoven

It needs to be a lot

Postby Beethoven » 02 Feb 2017 11:14

I don't get lucid much, but a few weeks ago I had a realization during a lucid dream. Usually I get tempted to do stuff that is likely to wake me up, but this time I wanted to prolong the lucidity as long as possible thinking that my mind needs to get used to being in that state.

I went through a stage in the early 2000s when I had about 10 nights of lucidity in about a month. Sometimes I'd have quite a few back to back so it seemed more natural to have them. There have been many times over the years when I've gone back to sleep after having one and it's happened again. There was one time which I may have talked about on here, where I had that much lucidity in one night I just wanted to have some normal sleep, but couldn't. Lucidity just kept coming. It was the first time I'd actually started worrying that I wouldn't be able to control it! Since then I would've be happy to choose that option as I've hardly had anything to shout about going off the amount of time I've spent trying!

So my plan is to just try and make my lucidity last as long as possible without doing too much, so my mind can get used to that state. I'll report on my progress.

What do you think???

Sean Jacobs

Re: It needs to be a lot

Postby Sean Jacobs » 02 Feb 2017 20:25

Beethoven wrote:I don't get lucid much, but a few weeks ago I had a realization during a lucid dream. Usually I get tempted to do stuff that is likely to wake me up, but this time I wanted to prolong the lucidity as long as possible thinking that my mind needs to get used to being in that state.

I went through a stage in the early 2000s when I had about 10 nights of lucidity in about a month. Sometimes I'd have quite a few back to back so it seemed more natural to have them. There have been many times over the years when I've gone back to sleep after having one and it's happened again. There was one time which I may have talked about on here, where I had that much lucidity in one night I just wanted to have some normal sleep, but couldn't. Lucidity just kept coming. It was the first time I'd actually started worrying that I wouldn't be able to control it! Since then I would've be happy to choose that option as I've hardly had anything to shout about going off the amount of time I've spent trying!

So my plan is to just try and make my lucidity last as long as possible without doing too much, so my mind can get used to that state. I'll report on my progress.

What do you think???

Wow! 10 nights of lucidity in a month is better than I've ever done. I'm hoping to have more and more in the future. Making lucidity last as long as possible is a great idea. Right now, for me I am just looking to get lucid as much as possible even if the dreams are short. The more I get lucid the easier it will be to get lucid more often. :-)
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”