I dream events that happened

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
brianreeder

I dream events that happened

Postby brianreeder » 03 Feb 2017 07:42

Hi, my name is Brian,I have had dreams of people and events that have come true since I was 14yrs old.I am now 39yrs old, I've spent the last 20 yrs. trying to avoiding this phenomenon , I used to wake up from my so real dreams and write it down in a note book, till I had a dream of being on fire.... Sept of 2016_ me an my apartment went up in flames, I spent the better part of the day in ICU Geisiner ER, got Thu that, then about a week ago dreamed of seeing a female jogger whom seemed to need help, ( didn't know why), woke up.. then 2 days later on the local news a female jogger with the same clothing I saw ( in my dream) she was raped on her morning jog,2 towns away from me,( I had wote it down 2 days b4). I just wanted to know if this has happened to others ,I need some input.help.I only sleep 2 hours at a time to prevent knowing things I have seen...¿?????

Sean Jacobs

Re: I dream events that happened

Postby Sean Jacobs » 03 Feb 2017 15:43

brianreeder wrote:Hi, my name is Brian,I have had dreams of people and events that have come true since I was 14yrs old.I am now 39yrs old, I've spent the last 20 yrs. trying to avoiding this phenomenon , I used to wake up from my so real dreams and write it down in a note book, till I had a dream of being on fire.... Sept of 2016_ me an my apartment went up in flames, I spent the better part of the day in ICU Geisiner ER, got Thu that, then about a week ago dreamed of seeing a female jogger whom seemed to need help, ( didn't know why), woke up.. then 2 days later on the local news a female jogger with the same clothing I saw ( in my dream) she was raped on her morning jog,2 towns away from me,( I had wote it down 2 days b4). I just wanted to know if this has happened to others ,I need some input.help.I only sleep 2 hours at a time to prevent knowing things I have seen...¿?????

Hello Brianreeder. While what you have stated above is interesting it is more than likely coincidence. We have 4-6 dreams a night and they can be about many different things. It is possible to read into them more than we should. Also there is something called "confirmation bias." This is a natural phenomenon whereby the human mind tends to notice things that "confirm" and disregard things that do not. In your case, you have a dream. Later you find out about something that is similar to what you dreamt about. Your mind immediate picks up on the connection and you feel that your dream was confirmed to be a prophecy of a future event. However, how often have your other dreams predicted future events? More than likely very few to none. The simple way to prove that you are having prophetic dreams would be to post your dreams, in detail, on this forum everyday. Then if your dream comes true you will have undeniable evidence.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

lucidé

Re: I dream events that happened

Postby lucidé » 05 Feb 2017 03:40

Believe me, I empathize with you in several ways. I may not have dreams where they happen in the future or as often as you have them. But I have a few lucid dreams, where I am either in places, or I am watching things AS they are happening, which can be just as bad. For example, when I was younger, it was 1:15AM, and I was just flying through alleyways, and I saw a guy dumping a woman's body. I was unable to stop him. I couldn't touch him, and he couldn't detect me. When I saw one of my favorite places being Disneyland raining with 1/2 inch of flooding. Although not all of my lucid dreams like this have been negative fortunately. Many of them were quite positive. One thing I might recommend with this, try imagining some of the much more positive places as you go to sleep, then the chances of you having a negative dream about that place or person will more than likely decrease. Even when on occasion, a bad thing happens to me, with all the positive lucid dreams I have instead, it makes up for the those bad luck encounters I have.

I personally believe BTW, it is chance that allows such dreams to happen. If there was no chance, there would be something wrong. The odds of experiencing what you are experiencing even once are probably as likely as winning the mega-lottery. It just means you an extremely lucky person.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”