Im confused

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
milan005x

Im confused

Postby milan005x » 03 Feb 2017 19:32

So i have been trying to get into a lucid dream for about 4 weeks now, i had one and it was really short... I am scared of sleep paralysis so i avoid it and use the DILD techinque... This morning i woke up at about 9 am and i remembered something i read on the forums that if i dont move and just close my eyes i can go back into the same dream and it can be lucid. So i did that and i felt like i was sinking into my bed, it felt like 3 stages, in the first i sunk alittle and then more and more ,etc...I was scared because i never felt like this before so i tried to wake up but i was in a paralysis and couldnt move, i moved my fingers and broke free i guess ( i read that somewhere too) .... My question is: Is that really true , that i can go that way into a lucid dream? Was that sleep paralysis? Is it a part of lucid dreaming or what happened to me is really strange? ....

Thank you everyone in advance and if you have any tips for lucid dreaming please share them, im a beginner still. :D

jasmine2

Re: Im confused

Postby jasmine2 » 03 Feb 2017 22:47

I recommend articles at the following website - dreamstudies.org - Sleep Paralysis/ Dream Studies Portal

If you still feel nervous about sleep paralysis, see article -
- "9 Ways To Wake Up From Sleep Paralysis".

If you feel more adventurous, see - "How To Encourage Sleep Paralysis As A Gateway To Extraordinary Dreaming".

Sleep paralysis is a normal, fairly frequent phenomenon which may occur during the transitional phase between dreaming and wakefulness. It sounds like your sensation of sinking into the bed could be a form of sleep paralysis.

Sean Jacobs

Re: Im confused

Postby Sean Jacobs » 03 Feb 2017 22:57

milan005x wrote:So i have been trying to get into a lucid dream for about 4 weeks now, i had one and it was really short... I am scared of sleep paralysis so i avoid it and use the DILD techinque... This morning i woke up at about 9 am and i remembered something i read on the forums that if i dont move and just close my eyes i can go back into the same dream and it can be lucid. So i did that and i felt like i was sinking into my bed, it felt like 3 stages, in the first i sunk alittle and then more and more ,etc...I was scared because i never felt like this before so i tried to wake up but i was in a paralysis and couldnt move, i moved my fingers and broke free i guess ( i read that somewhere too) .... My question is: Is that really true , that i can go that way into a lucid dream? Was that sleep paralysis? Is it a part of lucid dreaming or what happened to me is really strange? ....

Thank you everyone in advance and if you have any tips for lucid dreaming please share them, im a beginner still. :D

Yes you can go from awake directly into (REM) dream state while maintaining your consciousness, that is the WILD technique. This is a technique I could never use successfully.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”