What is this astral body?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
CloudSky

What is this astral body?

Postby CloudSky » 04 Feb 2017 10:34

My English is not good enough, I try to descript.
This morning, when I was about to wake up, I felt like my sheelt was being towed away. This is strange.
Also, I can feel a "person" sticking on me, I could touch his hands.
I am not scared. I read a lot about LD, OOBE, and other mertials, also I have this sort of experiences.
But I dont like a "person"sticking on me. To find out what is he, I pulled his wrist, then like a colloid, his wrist got longer. Then I knew he is a astral body.
But I dont know is this astral body one of mine, or other's?
Do you have the similar experience?

lucidé

Re: What is this astral body?

Postby lucidé » 05 Feb 2017 01:41

What you experienced was a form of sleep paralysis. Where you fall into REM sleep while still conscious, so your awareness while dreaming has nowhere to go but your bedroom. Because you haven't fully become aware you are dreaming just yet, your mind is able to play all sorts of tricks on you, and yes, even in SP, you can become consciously aware you are dreaming, just like you can in any dream. What you need to do, when you start seeing these characters, is perform what many of us call a reality check. One of the reality checks I can see here is you pulled on the character's wrist, correct? Now did the character's wrist expand? I honestly don't believe ghosts are actually interacting with you during the SP stage in my opinion, just like witches and monsters aren't sitting on your chest. If your character's wrist is expanding, think to yourself, "A person's wrist cannot expand in the real world, I must be dreaming!" Then with that realization, take control of those feelings. First attempt to not only control the character who is bothering you, but to control your own dream body. If you really don't like the character, then fight him, kill him, or do whatever you want to the character, it won't hurt anyone. If you can, see if you can find different techniques to control your lucid dreams.

Most of my SP experiences, I just pet the dragon, and make friends with the character, because dragons are nothing to be afraid of. I certainly haven't encountered any ghosts during the SP episode.
I have encountered very friendly characters when entering a WILD.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 05 Feb 2017 14:06

CloudSky wrote:This morning, when I was about to wake up, I felt like my sheelt was being towed away.

I know your English isn't very good, but you must mean your bed sheets were being pulled off, right? I've had this happen to me several times. Other times, they feel like they shrink and tighten around me. I too have had a hand touching me, or poking me, but it was all an illusion. Lucide is right. It happens when you are aware during sleep paralysis, which we have every night to keep our body from acting out our dreams, but most of the time we are asleep by then. I don't know exactly why it happens, but perhaps it's because we are aware of our physical body and the one that moves in dreams at the same time, so we get a sense of another person with us. I'm glad you were not afraid. If it happens again, get up and start walking around and do a reality check. Chances are, you are already in a dream.

Good luck!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

CloudSky

Postby CloudSky » 05 Feb 2017 15:55

lucidé wrote:What you experienced was a form of sleep paralysis. Where you fall into REM sleep while still conscious, so your awareness while dreaming has nowhere to go but your bedroom. Because you haven't fully become aware you are dreaming just yet, your mind is able to play all sorts of tricks on you, and yes, even in SP, you can become consciously aware you are dreaming, just like you can in any dream. What you need to do, when you start seeing these characters, is perform what many of us call a reality check. One of the reality checks I can see here is you pulled on the character's wrist, correct? Now did the character's wrist expand? I honestly don't believe ghosts are actually interacting with you during the SP stage in my opinion, just like witches and monsters aren't sitting on your chest. If your character's wrist is expanding, think to yourself, "A person's wrist cannot expand in the real world, I must be dreaming!" Then with that realization, take control of those feelings. First attempt to not only control the character who is bothering you, but to control your own dream body. If you really don't like the character, then fight him, kill him, or do whatever you want to the character, it won't hurt anyone. If you can, see if you can find different techniques to control your lucid dreams.

Most of my SP experiences, I just pet the dragon, and make friends with the character, because dragons are nothing to be afraid of. I certainly haven't encountered any ghosts during the SP episode.
I have encountered very friendly characters when entering a WILD.

Thank you for reply!
Sorry there are some key words that I dont know: REM; SP; WILD

Yes I pulled on the character's wrist, and his(or her) wrist expand. I cant see anything, just can feel it. And I didnt have enough energy to conrol him(not sure is him or her), then I just imaged white light around me, to drive him away. Of course I dont want him is a ghosts either. I can not make any conclusions. Later on, I came to a lucid dream (without that character), I reminded myself this is in the dream, but soon the dream disapeared cause I did not have enough energy to keep it.
Sounds so wonderful to be with a friendly dragon in the dream. Thank you for sharing!
Last edited by CloudSky on 05 Feb 2017 16:33, edited 1 time in total.

CloudSky

Postby CloudSky » 05 Feb 2017 16:16

HAGART wrote:
CloudSky wrote:This morning, when I was about to wake up, I felt like my sheelt was being towed away.

I know your English isn't very good, but you must mean your bed sheets were being pulled off, right? I've had this happen to me several times. Other times, they feel like they shrink and tighten around me. I too have had a hand touching me, or poking me, but it was all an illusion. Lucide is right. It happens when you are aware during sleep paralysis, which we have every night to keep our body from acting out our dreams, but most of the time we are asleep by then. I don't know exactly why it happens, but perhaps it's because we are aware of our physical body and the one that moves in dreams at the same time, so we get a sense of another person with us. I'm glad you were not afraid. If it happens again, get up and start walking around and do a reality check. Chances are, you are already in a dream.

Good luck!

Thank you, HAGART!
Yes, I felt like my bed sheets were being pulled off. Good to know that you have the similar experience.
May be I can ask this question in a lucid dream, to see what answer I can get from my subconscious.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 05 Feb 2017 16:25

CloudSky wrote:My English is not good enough, I try to descript.
This morning, when I was about to wake up, I felt like my sheelt was being towed away. This is strange.
I am not scared. I read a lot about LD, OOBE, and other mertials, also I have this sort of experiences.
But I dont like a "person"sticking on me. To find out what is he, I pulled his wrist, then like a colloid, his wrist got longer. Then I knew he is a astral body.

The astral body you pulled belonged to another discarnate being from the spiritual plane of existence. It could have been a negative entity. Be careful! Get yourself some protective energy crystals or talismans in order to ward off evil spirits.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

CloudSky

Postby CloudSky » 05 Feb 2017 16:31

Summerlander wrote:
CloudSky wrote:My English is not good enough, I try to descript.

The astral body you pulled belonged to another discarnate being from the spiritual plane of existence. It could have been a negative entity. Be careful! Get yourself some protective energy crystals or talismans in order to ward off evil spirits.

Thank you for your reminding.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 05 Feb 2017 18:55

You're welcome. 8-)

A lot of people here believe that such experiences are entirely the product of physiology. But science still hasn't been able to account for the hard problem of consciousness and thus the spiritual dimension remains undiscovered. Some scientists even try to tell you that you, as a conscious being, don't really exist---that consciousness is an illusion. But if there is anything in this universe that cannot be an illusion, that is consciousness. To say that one seems to be conscious is to admit that one is in fact conscious. You are either conscious or you're not. Enjoy your astral projection and explore the many spiritual planes of existence. Fear nothing---if you believe nothing can harm you nothing can. But if fear persists, you will need amulets and prayers for the time being. God will protect you because He is the summum bonum, the greatest good and the all-powerful. You are an immortal soul. :D
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 05 Feb 2017 23:45

Do not tease the newbie.
The only magic talismans I need are my sleep pills and my lucid dreams. From what I understand, dream characters cannot really hurt you unless you imagine them doing so. They are your own creations.

Only body I know of right now is the dream body, which is the vessel you are in in a lucid dream.

I know who you really are, you cannot fool me. Sorry but in case you didn't know, this is what this user really does to ghost related subjects:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0UY4tHHb4o

(if you don't get it, he kills the ghost, he cooks it, and then he feeds them to all the other users).

Don't believe what he is saying about the deity either, if he ever saw any deity, just like Ted Nugent, he'd probably shoot him, and plaster the deity's head on his wall. Then he'd use it as target practice with his arrows.

If you don't believe me, I got hardcore evidence from another topic on this forum he posted right after he posted on here to prove he is deceiving you:
I don't believe in souls and God/gods. I certainly don't believe that we are the special creation of a higher intelligence either.

In everything science and the courtroom, we require evidence, and certainly I have the evidence to show you he doesn't mean what he is saying, he is trying to trick you.

I have had WILDs before where I have been lucky and seen things in places that matched, but like I said before, the laws of math allowed me to do that. Or the laws of chance. Improbability doesn't necessarily mean impossibility, and even when I have been lucky and very lucky in the past, I can be assured just that the laws of chance were at work. BTW, in any of those lucid dreams, where I have had a lucky break with chance, I have not seen any ghosts, just other dream characters, and maybe I've been lucky with a few of my lucid dream friends. Just because I have had an unusual amount of luck in my lucid dreams doesn't really mean much. There is no limit to how many times low probability can be hit, the odds of it happening are just extremely unlikely. There's quite a bit of evidence that probability does in fact exist, meaning even if something has a low chance of happening, it is still possible.
Last edited by lucidé on 06 Feb 2017 05:00, edited 1 time in total.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 06 Feb 2017 00:42

It seems like sometimes a lucid dream may merge into an out-of-body experience.

I recommend the book - "Journeys Out Of The Body" - by Robert Monroe.
This includes the author's description of a variety of his early experiences with OBEs. One night he had an OBE, but his consciousness stayed close to his bed. He became aware that that he was lying in bed and some weird other male entity was snuggled up against him. (One or both of them needed a shave.) Robert wondered if this other presence was some kind of perverted spirit dude. Then he realized that this being was his astral body, which had not yet merged back into his regular body.

Also, during sleep paralysis, a dreamer may sense an imaginary, sometimes threatening, dream being next to the bed. You can often get rid of him by mentally growling or shouting for him get lost. Or you can say, "I love you!" (This has worked for me.)

As to what the astral or dream body is composed of - it may be a replica of the real body, or very stretchy and amorphous, or sometimes an abstract form of self-aware light. Perhaps we can only say that it is "dream stuff', and it's form and action are closely related to the expectations, beliefs and intentions of the dreamer's mind.

Ancient Egyptian esoteric spiritual practices included shamanic teaching regarding how the Ba or Ka soul could travel out of the body during sleep or trance. There are 7 parts to King Tut's coffin, which fit inside the other like layers of an onion. Perhaps these represented the 7 energy/awareness layers or aspects of the astral body - related to the 7 chakras.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”