New girl here

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
sleepingworld1

New girl here

Postby sleepingworld1 » 05 Feb 2017 10:49

kkkk
Last edited by sleepingworld1 on 19 Aug 2018 20:01, edited 1 time in total.

Sean Jacobs

Re: New girl here

Postby Sean Jacobs » 06 Feb 2017 13:49

Hello sleepingworld1. I have never experienced what you have described below. When you are rolling out of bed, are you already in a dream? If so, it sounds like you are playing along with the narrative of your dream, so you are not fully lucid. Perhaps you should trying saying out loud and really believe it, "I am dreaming, and I have full control of my dream!" Then take control and do what ever you want.

Dreams respond to your expectations. If you expect that you will have to slowly roll out of bed before you can do other things in your dream, that is exactly what will happen. If you expect that you are in completed control because it is your dream, you will have complete control.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

sleepingworld1

Re: New girl here

Postby sleepingworld1 » 06 Feb 2017 15:53

Yes, my 'real body' lying in bed and asleep. But if I start moving before I hit the floor, I'll wake up in bed IRL. Difficult to explain.

Have full control when I get up off the floor / pulls me up after i rolled on the floor. Then I am fully lucid, almost too much. Can sometimes be uncertain for it seems so real, so I do a lot of reality testing in the dream until I'm absolutely sure. And then continue doing what i want.
If I become aware in a dream that already has an 'story', it lasts shorter and much less unreal and blurred.

But understand what you mean, may well be that if I start to think that I can go right out of bed when I start to roll it will work.
Because the first time I roll out of bed, I have continued to roll over the next times. So it sits in my head that that's what I must do to be lucid. But my biggest problem is when I have to get up from the floor, it hurts and gets an extreme pressure inside the head when i drag my body up.

Thanks for the reply, hard for me to explain when I do not understand it myself: P but I'll try to change my mindset

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”