Hello LD-community my story so far with LD

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
John123

Hello LD-community my story so far with LD

Postby John123 » 06 Feb 2017 22:15

Hello, i´m from Germany and i´m 15 years old, my mother is a lucid dreaming professional and had LD for more than 20 years weekly she even shared a dream once some years ago. My mother always talked about it so I know about LD my whole life but never really put really much effort in it until December 2016 in which I read an article about LD on Snapchat before going to sleep. That night I had my first LD ( it lasted a few minutes and I levitated things in it) I was so fascinated that I started practicing RC wrote a dream-journal and every technique almost every day SO does my brother (we do it together) and we remind ourselves doing RC. My brother is 14 years old and had one LD which lasted many hours when he was a small kid.
In those 2 months I and my brother had about 11 LD. But the last 2 weeks I haven't had any but I keep trying. My brother is better in LD and his LD are more stable and last sometimes hours or even a whole day my longest was about 4 hours but on average 30-60 sec in which I pinch my nose and try to breathe and look in one of my hands then I wake up ( I usually have 7 fingers but I also had fingers out of my fingers and eyes on my fingers). I told my friends about LD and now 3 of them had one. 2 just because of me because I talk about it very much and now one of them has a LD once a week which makes me happy because I had such an impact on him I even think he´s more talented than i am because he has LD without doing RC every day and trying as hard as me to have LD , but i´m not jealous it keeps me motivated to continue, we even have competitions (my brother, my friend and me ) who achieves something first in a dream(like flying or rubbing your hands ...)

So that is my story with lucid dreaming so far, (excuse me for possible grammar mistakes)

Sincerely John

Sean Jacobs

Re: Hello LD-community my story so far with LD

Postby Sean Jacobs » 07 Feb 2017 13:53

Welcome John123. It takes time to learn to LD, if you are not a natural. I've been at it, on and off, since 2004. I wish you the greatest success with your LD journey.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Return to “Introduce Yourself”