Dream mapping / aware of your dream space

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
PumpkinofDreams

Dream mapping / aware of your dream space

Postby PumpkinofDreams » 09 Feb 2017 18:51

Has anyone ever became aware of their dream space and though of mapping it out ?

Over the years I've become aware that my dream world actually has a mapped out area. I visit the same two malls. The same grocery stores. The same streets and houses...bus stops...ect.
Like I've got a decent blueprint of the places I go on my dreams. And If im not in a place... im in transit or at the 5 same bus stops.

Some of my places are direct or heavily based on true locations and others are completely fabricated. I haven't been completely lucid in years. I usually teeeter in between. I have taken note that the landmarks of my dream world are actually quite solid. I want to draw it out in detail but have no idea where to start. Advice? Thoughts?

Sean Jacobs

Re: Dream mapping / aware of your dream space

Postby Sean Jacobs » 09 Feb 2017 19:20

PumpkinofDreams wrote:Has anyone ever became aware of their dream space and though of mapping it out ?
Over the years I've become aware that my dream world actually has a mapped out area. I visit the same two malls. The same grocery stores. The same streets and houses...bus stops...ect.
Like I've got a decent blueprint of the places I go on my dreams. And If im not in a place... im in transit or at the 5 same bus stops.
Some of my places are direct or heavily based on true locations and others are completely fabricated. I haven't been completely lucid in years. I usually teeeter in between. I have taken note that the landmarks of my dream world are actually quite solid. I want to draw it out in detail but have no idea where to start. Advice? Thoughts?

Hello PumpkinofDreams.

I have never considered trying to map my dream world. In my normal dreams I tend to have places that are similar or the same as places I know in real life, mixed with places I don't recognize (in real life) but are probably pulled from my past memories. This is because my mind is reacting to my expectations. If I see the house where I grew up, I would expect it to be in the same neighborhood where that house exists in real life; therefor my mind creates the old neighborhood.

When I'm lucid, and in control of my dream, mapping would be useless because I can decide where I want to be. For instance, last night I dreamt that I was at my wife's childhood house. So, I am standing in front of the house looking at it. My normal dream expectation would be the house across the street from my wife's house in real life is behind me....but it isn't. There is actually nothing behind me because nothing existent in my dream if it is not within my current perception. So, at that moment I can decide that the Eiffel Tower in Paris is right behind me and when I turn around I am now in France (dream France).

If you try to map your dream you are just mapping your own expectations.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

PumpkinofDreams

Re: Dream mapping / aware of your dream space

Postby PumpkinofDreams » 10 Feb 2017 15:17

@seanjacobs

I totally agree on some levels. I guess I am interested in depicting certain landmarks that don't exist in real life but I've been to hundreds of times in my dream. I'm drawn to them for some reason. It would still be my expectation . But I want to share my dreams with others.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”