Ideas for lucidiy

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
DanishDreamer

Ideas for lucidiy

Postby DanishDreamer » 09 Feb 2017 21:27

Hello

Since i haven't had a 'good nights sleep' for the last week or so, i'm looking forward to a week off from work. I'm hoping to get some dreaming done.

My situation will probably look like this.

Going to bed around 0:00, and get up around 5:00 (yup... only 5 hours.)
Then being awake for about an hour, driving my signicant other to work etc. then getting some more sleep.

What i want to know is, if anyone has an idea for practicing LD that fit that scheme?

I would probably try to visualize and/or meditate, while falling asleep. Both in the night, and in the morning.

Also, i would like to hear about which technique that would work, after being awake for an hour.

I'm not counting on being lucid buring my morning nap, but would use it as some sort of training in that direction.

Hope to hear some advice or thoughts on this :)

Kind regards
DD

Sean Jacobs

Re: Ideas for lucidiy

Postby Sean Jacobs » 09 Feb 2017 21:37

You sound like a perfect candidate for WBTB: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/wake-back-to-bed.html

Other than that, I don't see why you can't use most other techniques.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

DanishDreamer

Re: Ideas for lucidiy

Postby DanishDreamer » 09 Feb 2017 21:58

Hmm. Seems that one has slipped from my mind, since plowing though WoLD about a year ago. :) But thanks for reminding me :)

It actually fits pretty well. I'm normally sleeping for five hours on workdays. But there is room to play around with bedtime. I could go to bed earlier (getting 6 hours) or later (getting 4 hours) depending on when i hit my REM cycle. I suspect that's around 6 hours, but not too sure. Hard to tell, when i have a hard time remembering my dreams on 'normal' days. (yup.... getting too little sleep per night, but that has another reason.)

I hope to get some dreams, i can actually remember. I've found, that when i remember my dreams, they stay with me for several hours and sometime days. I aim to write them in my journal as early as possible, but have occasionally written the journal in the early evening, because i didn't have the time before. I feel like i can still remember my dream pretty exact, even after that many hours.

I'm looking forward to trying the technique, starting monday at the latest. (Maybe i can get an earlier start in the weekend. Fingers crossed!)

Thanks again :)

DD

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”