Spontaneous WILD Dreams

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Eve0

Spontaneous WILD Dreams

Postby Eve0 » 10 Feb 2017 21:34

I've been lucid dreaming for about 6 six months now, mainly using the MILD technique but on the rare occasion I would attempt the WILD technique, I'd either be not relaxed and tired enough, or I'd be too tired and fall asleep before entering the hypnogogic state. So, last night I went to bed around 10:30-11:00 and woke up at 6:20 when my alarm woke me up. I'm a high school student in Canada, and today ended up being a snow day so when I didn't have to go to get up, but I didn't try to go back to sleep until 7:10 or so. It's worth noting it was bright outside, so I put on an eye mask. (I think that's what it's called.) I laid in bed for about 15-20 minutes before entering the hypnogogic state. It started out as little lights and patterns moving throughout my field of view, with some auditory hallucinations, which manifested as a male or female voice saying one word at a time. That is normal and happens to me almost every time I fall asleep if I choose to pay a bit of attention to my hypnogogic hallucinations. (I'm just thoroughly explaining the scenario, how much sleep I got, how long I stayed up before going back to bed, etc because in the past, going to bed after 4-6 as suggested when attempting the WILD technique didn't work for me, and this did.) But then the hypnogogic hallucinations started getting more and more vivid, and started becoming brighter colours and I heard louder voices to the point where it looked like there were various colours in different shapes flying throughout my field of vision. But I wasn't attempting the WILD technique, so I didn't really engage with the hallucinations that much, or try to focus on them. All the sudden a face of an older man with a beard and an old-fashioned hat appeared in the upper left part of my field of vision, which was strange, so I focused on that, and then throughout my field of vision a few other faces appeared, and that was the last thing I remember before going into a dream. Again, I find it strange that I unintentionally did the WILD method, especially since I haven't had success with it in the past.
In the dream, I was instantly lucid, and the dream itself was extremely vivid and clear. In previous lucid dreams I've have problems with stabilizing my dreams, and normally I would try to do a reality check (fingers through palm) and tell myself "I'm dreaming", but that didn't really work at all. So, after recently reading an article about stabilizing dreams, this time when I felt my lucidity waning, instead of doing a reality check that wouldn't be effective, I tried rubbing my hands together, like an article on this website suggested, and immediately my dream because life-like, without any blurriness whatsoever. It was really a surreal feeling for my dream to just immediately become more vivid and for me to become more lucid that easily. I did that multiple times throughout the dream, which not only the dream a higher level of lucidity, prolonged my dream from a 5-10 minute lucid dream I'd normally have, to an approximately 45 minute dream, based on when I fell asleep and woke up. I also had a LOT more control than I usually do in the dream. I.e. I was exiting the house I was in at the beginning of the dream, and I looked at myself in the mirror (which was really strange because my facial features were smaller than they actually are, resulting in a very weird looking version of me) and noticed I was wearing old, somewhat worn-down clothes. So I thought what kind of clothes I wanted to wear, snapped my fingers, and they instantly changed into what I wanted them too. Secondly, I walked out of the house into a city, and there was a bike rack with a bike locked to it, and I wanted to ride it, so I grabbed the bike lock and it disintegrated. Had my dream been at the level of lucidity it normally it without being stabilized, this would not have been possible. It's also interesting to note that after I fell woke up from THIS lucid dream, I fell back asleep and went instantly into another dream in which I became lucid, and when I woke up from that, I fell asleep and again instantly had another lucid dream.

Just thought this was an interesting experience that I'd share with everyone here, thanks for reading

DreamerMan99

Re: Spontaneous WILD Dreams

Postby DreamerMan99 » 14 Mar 2017 01:02

Thanks for sharing your experience.
Good luck,
Dream on.

starsofclay

Re: Spontaneous WILD Dreams

Postby starsofclay » 04 Apr 2017 17:07

Interesting... the other night I also got the face of an older man with a white beard, in the upper left of my vision, but I don't think he was wearing a hat. Do you see faces a lot? I see random faces all the time, sometimes even before I would think I am hypnagognic. I have NEVER been able to do WILD, because once I get hynagognic, I guess I get to interested in the visuals, as I have read on here. I do try to focus on the visuals for other reasons though, mainly meditation purposes and opening my 3rd eye.

It feels really cool when I can focus long enough and actually change the visual. It feels like I am in a trance, but I snap myself out of it too easily. So I am working on leaning into those experiences and not snapping out of it. Perhaps that will create a lucid dream, but I've read that you aren't supposed to engage the visuals.

Also, when I get hypnagognic, I can't seem to get my body to relax enough. There's never been a time where it feels like my body has faded away. Therefore, I've never been able to induce sleep paralysis, which is something I've been wanting to do for a long time.

When I did have a lucid dream, the hands rubbing worked great. I tried spinning, but couldn't for some reason. I also woke up a few times from my lucid dream, but went instantly back into it, instead of into a different lucid dream.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”