Killing in Lucid Dreams *imp*

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Sews

Killing in Lucid Dreams *imp*

Postby Sews » 13 Feb 2017 11:44

Bare in mind I never usually post topics in forums because I always find my answers with a simple google search, but I wasn't able to find anything about this anywhere

Ok so, some background information.
I fell in love with a person around 3 years ago, and they might've had feelings for me back at one point but whether or not they did is irrelevant, they don't have feelings for me now.

I'm pretty much desperate at this point. I'll do anything to get over them since they're the only person I think of every single day, and it hurts knowing that she'll never be mine. So I was thinking, maybe killing her in a dream would make my subconsciousness realise that she's not the one? Or else what if I date her in my dream then I break up with her myself? Or won't this help at all?

I'd appreciate some answers, thanks.

Sews

Re: Killing in Lucid Dreams *imp*

Postby Sews » 13 Feb 2017 17:34

Thanks for nothing everyone.

Edit:
^ Sorry about this, I was just very impatient and desperate for a reply at the time.
Last edited by Sews on 22 May 2018 10:21, edited 1 time in total.

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 13 Feb 2017 18:06

Sews wrote:Bare in mind I never usually post topics in forums because I always find my answers with a simple google search, but I wasn't able to find anything about this anywhere

Ok so, some background information.
I fell in love with a person around 3 years ago, and they might've had feelings for me back at one point but whether or not they did is irrelevant, they don't have feelings for me now.

I'm pretty much desperate at this point. I'll do anything to get over them since they're the only person I think of every single day, and it hurts knowing that she'll never be mine. So I was thinking, maybe killing her in a dream would make my subconsciousness realise that she's not the one? Or else what if I date her in my dream then I break up with her myself? Or won't this help at all?

I'd appreciate some answers, thanks.

Sorry you received no response Sews. I don't think killing her in a dream will help at all. It won't change how you feel about the situation. Getting over someone takes time. It may be more helpful to find other things in your life to distract you from thinking about her. You will eventually find someone else who wants to be in a relationship with you. Try not to take it to personally. There are many reasons why one person may decide not to be with another. In most cases it has nothing to do with one person not being a wonderful person, it usually has more to do with one person feeling the other isn't compatible. Hang in there, things will get better with time.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Sews

Postby Sews » 13 Feb 2017 21:19

Sean Jacobs wrote:Sorry you received no response Sews. I don't think killing her in a dream will help at all. It won't change how you feel about the situation. Getting over someone takes time. It may be more helpful to find other things in your life to distract you from thinking about her. You will eventually find someone else who wants to be in a relationship with you. Try not to take it to personally. There are many reasons why one person may decide not to be with another. In most cases it has nothing to do with one person not being a wonderful person, it usually has more to do with one person feeling the other isn't compatible. Hang in there, things will get better with time.

Thanks for the helpful answer Sean. I'll try my best.

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 14 Feb 2017 06:10

Yes!!

Kill her in a dream anyway you want. I used to do this to my bullies back in middle school all the time, because I got beat up every day.

Here is a list of ways, courtesy of the Sims 3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2oI62NSurI

Or you could just play this game:
http://www.whackyourex.com/
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Petal

Postby Petal » 14 Feb 2017 23:02

Call me a new age romantic but I wonder and worry about the reality of the bonds and boundaries in the dreamscape. I would not kill her I would look for the cords from your heart that are still attached and then attack them with a knife. I once had a childhood girl friend who seemed to "sleep" with me in her dreams. She was attached to me like a heavy sleeping fetus in dreams and slowed me down. In real life her whole family had put be down and disregarded, which was very painful. I cut the cord. I think she suffered the loss when she realised, I was no longer there for her but it did free me to become more my own person. In dreams I often see myself as a kind of vampire pirate I carry a handy cutlass at all times. :lol: for similar reasons as described. I'm also pretty cruel to lumbering ex's who try to initiate unwanted intimacies in dreams. The best way to get over someone in my experience is to find something you enjoy and are good at and make other friends with people with similar interests and aspirations as yourself. As soon as you start doing stuff that makes you feel proud you wonder why you you attached good feelings to someone who can/won't return them and is not interested in learning with you.
Anyhow, Kind Regards. I hope to see you about...

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 15 Feb 2017 03:37

Just don't slice them in the heart.

Well I usually say there is no sense in putting in so much effort just to make someone like you. If you want to be friends with someone, just act like you usually do.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Sews

Postby Sews » 15 Feb 2017 20:35

Petal wrote:Call me a new age romantic but I wonder and worry about the reality of the bonds and boundaries in the dreamscape. I would not kill her I would look for the cords from your heart that are still attached and then attack them with a knife. I once had a childhood girl friend who seemed to "sleep" with me in her dreams. She was attached to me like a heavy sleeping fetus in dreams and slowed me down. In real life her whole family had put be down and disregarded, which was very painful. I cut the cord. I think she suffered the loss when she realised, I was no longer there for her but it did free me to become more my own person. In dreams I often see myself as a kind of vampire pirate I carry a handy cutlass at all times. :lol: for similar reasons as described. I'm also pretty cruel to lumbering ex's who try to initiate unwanted intimacies in dreams. The best way to get over someone in my experience is to find something you enjoy and are good at and make other friends with people with similar interests and aspirations as yourself. As soon as you start doing stuff that makes you feel proud you wonder why you you attached good feelings to someone who can/won't return them and is not interested in learning with you.

How would you go about finding those cords? Could you give me a general explanation?

By the way, for anyone that's curious, I am actually slowly but surely getting over her, but I'm still open to all suggestions

Petal

Postby Petal » 16 Feb 2017 20:47

I'm glad you are starting to feel better.
Seeing cords...well it is a visualisation/observation thing. You may never see or want to see the visualisation symbolism of another person, theological idea and/or school of thought.
That being said, I believe in the "subtle" energy body and/or the intelligent body system. I subscribe that some primitive emotions and thoughts are generated from other body organs than the brain and travel up to the brain for sorting, via the nervous systems. There is some begrudging acceptance of this in western medicine when they look at emotional effects on certain organ functions; statistically stress and depression can be linked with weak hormonal release and decreased immunity; gut imbalances connected to emotional ones; elderly people are more prone to degenerative problems after suffering the loss of a life partner. You could check out "Broken Heart Syndrome" for an example.
I've studied a fair bit of oriental meridians systems as used in Chinese medicine and some martial arts. There certain emotions are linked to specific organs or "energy centres". Love being, obviously, a powerful force, emanating from the heart. In Chines medicine if you loose or use up energy or emotions from any particular energy centre you are setting yourself up for an energy imbalance in other parts of the body. Or an energy need in one centre can burn out or use up the energy from another; use your head too much or have a great desire for highbrow stimulus, your heart doesn't get what it needs, sort of thing. Then there is the primitive, mammal and human brain. Someone who is functioning through his fight or fight responses are never going to be reasonable until you brought them back out from the "lizard brain" to using the more developed and finer "man" brain.
For me I have to have a certain emotional intention or motivation to be able to lucid dream at all. In some ways I'm finding I can learn enough from visualisation and simple dream recall, but I miss the vividness of being lucid.
To see the cords in a dream I would suggest you look down at your own energy system especially the heart and chest area. You should "expect" to see cords running out to your distant girlfriend. Then you have a choice. You could grab the cords and pull her closer or cut them off ensuring that you bring all of your own energy back into your self or you could carefully and thoughtfully untangle them. Letting her go if she wants to seems the best idea as it will be an effort to retain her without her cooperation.
Sorry wasn't able to make my explain it in any shorter way.
Anyhow, Kind Regards. I hope to see you about...

Sews

Postby Sews » 16 Feb 2017 21:45

Petal wrote:I'm glad you are starting to feel better.
Seeing cords...well it is a visualisation/observation thing. You may never see or want to see the visualisation symbolism of another person, theological idea and/or school of thought.
That being said, I believe in the "subtle" energy body and/or the intelligent body system. I subscribe that some primitive emotions and thoughts are generated from other body organs than the brain and travel up to the brain for sorting, via the nervous systems. There is some begrudging acceptance of this in western medicine when they look at emotional effects on certain organ functions; statistically stress and depression can be linked with weak hormonal release and decreased immunity; gut imbalances connected to emotional ones; elderly people are more prone to degenerative problems after suffering the loss of a life partner. You could check out "Broken Heart Syndrome" for an example.
I've studied a fair bit of oriental meridians systems as used in Chinese medicine and some martial arts. There certain emotions are linked to specific organs or "energy centres". Love being, obviously, a powerful force, emanating from the heart. In Chines medicine if you loose or use up energy or emotions from any particular energy centre you are setting yourself up for an energy imbalance in other parts of the body. Or an energy need in one centre can burn out or use up the energy from another; use your head too much or have a great desire for highbrow stimulus, your heart doesn't get what it needs, sort of thing. Then there is the primitive, mammal and human brain. Someone who is functioning through his fight or fight responses are never going to be reasonable until you brought them back out from the "lizard brain" to using the more developed and finer "man" brain.
For me I have to have a certain emotional intention or motivation to be able to lucid dream at all. In some ways I'm finding I can learn enough from visualisation and simple dream recall, but I miss the vividness of being lucid.
To see the cords in a dream I would suggest you look down at your own energy system especially the heart and chest area. You should "expect" to see cords running out to your distant girlfriend. Then you have a choice. You could grab the cords and pull her closer or cut them off ensuring that you bring all of your own energy back into your self or you could carefully and thoughtfully untangle them. Letting her go if she wants to seems the best idea as it will be an effort to retain her without her cooperation.
Sorry wasn't able to make my explain it in any shorter way.

Thanks a lot for briefing me on this. However the problem is that, while I have lucid dreamt a handful of times in the past (and still do every once in a while), I can't usually predict when they're about to happen. I'm still working on going lucid on a regular basis.

Another problem is that I fear that once I do end up lucid, I won't be able to find those cords that you're talking about. Like I wouldn't know how to get to them and such. I'm clueless on how I would go about looking down at my energy system, or anything like that.

Honestly though, if I ever did get to the point where I realised how to get to what you're talking about, and I had the choice of what to do with the cords, I'd most probably untangle them carefully. That's what my intention would most probably be. However I might change my mind once I get there.

I'd appreciate if you could explain to me how I'd go about looking down at my energy system, or getting to those cords. And once I'm lucid and get to the stage where I have the choice to pick what I do with the cords, how would I go about untangling them? I'm not sure if I'd want to completely cut them off, however I'll see when I'm in the moment.

Again, I'm very open to suggestions and am willing to try anything out.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”