how to properly talk to Your subconscious?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
JRD

how to properly talk to Your subconscious?

Postby JRD » 16 Feb 2017 17:14

So today I had a lucid dream. I remembered what I wanted to do once I get it so i got right down to it. I raised my hands in the air. And I said out loud: "Oh Omniscient, Omnipresen and Omnipotent Subconsious. Please let me experience what is beyond the ego. And immediately i felt some energy rushing all over my dream body. It wasn't a satisfying "answer" so I repeated myself. With the same results. Why do You guys think I got such a insufficient answer. Was it because i wasn't ready? I'm inexperienced lucid dreamer? Both? Or maybe something else? What do You think?
"In the beginning was the Word..."

Sean Jacobs

Re: how to properly talk to Your subconscious?

Postby Sean Jacobs » 17 Feb 2017 13:51

JRD wrote:So today I had a lucid dream. I remembered what I wanted to do once I get it so i got right down to it. I raised my hands in the air. And I said out loud: "Oh Omniscient, Omnipresen and Omnipotent Subconsious. Please let me experience what is beyond the ego. And immediately i felt some energy rushing all over my dream body. It wasn't a satisfying "answer" so I repeated myself. With the same results. Why do You guys think I got such a insufficient answer. Was it because i wasn't ready? I'm inexperienced lucid dreamer? Both? Or maybe something else? What do You think?

Hi JRD. If you are in a dream to can do many things to speak to your subconscious. You can do as you described and just speak out loud; you can speak to dream characters who are currently in your dream or make dream characters of your choice appear and speak to them (example: Say, "Albert Einstein is standing right behind me", really believe it, then turn around and have a conversation with him); or you can simply talk to other things like the talking to an animal, a tree, a computer, etc.

When you are in your dream everything around you is created by your subconscious mind. But, remember that your subconscious mind will respond to your expectations. If you don't know what your expectation is you may get some pretty strange responses or none at all. In one of my lucid dreams I tried speaking to my subconscious. I shouted out "I want to meet my greatest fear!" But nothing happened so I shouted again "SHOW YOURSELF!" Again, nothing happened. After waking I realized that I had no exception of my greatest fear, so nothing appeared.

Your subconscious mind I part of you and in a lucid dream you bring your conscious mind into the dream. If your expectation is that you have compete control, than pretty much anything you want to happen will happen.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”