Blurry Dreams

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
OmegaBreaker

Blurry Dreams

Postby OmegaBreaker » 17 Feb 2017 09:36

My dreams have been blurry lately and I cant seem to notice that it is a dream because I cant seem to notice where I am. Its as if im still closing my eyes trying to sleep. Also this happened 2 nights in a row, I enter a dream and its blurry of course and then I exit a dream. Then when I go back to sleep, I enter a dream but then im kicked out again. What is happening?

Sean Jacobs

Re: Blurry Dreams

Postby Sean Jacobs » 17 Feb 2017 13:57

OmegaBreaker wrote:My dreams have been blurry lately and I cant seem to notice that it is a dream because I cant seem to notice where I am. Its as if im still closing my eyes trying to sleep. Also this happened 2 nights in a row, I enter a dream and its blurry of course and then I exit a dream. Then when I go back to sleep, I enter a dream but then im kicked out again. What is happening?

Normal dreams tend to seem blurry after you wake up because you conscious mind is very engaged, unless they are especially emotionally charged (for instance nightmares "feel" more real than a boring dream). But while you are in them they always feel extremely real, which is one of the reasons we don't realize we are dreaming.

So when you enter the dream and notice it is blurry, are you lucid? Or do you notice this after waking?
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

OmegaBreaker

Postby OmegaBreaker » 17 Feb 2017 15:51

I notice that its a dream after im kicked out of it. So no im not lucid in the dream. Its blurry as if they are just thoughts in my head. For example, when I day dream I visualize scenes and all but its blurry not clear as if its real. I just cant seem to notice the difference perhaps.

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 17 Feb 2017 16:03

I see. So, it is likely that your dreams are blurry because you are not lucid. This is fairly normal when you are trying to remember a dream after you wake up.

It is difficult to realize you are dreaming when you are dreaming because your subconscious is what is mostly in control in a dream. You end up with what we call "Dream Logic" while dreaming. This is when the most ridiculous or unlikely events occur and you respond as if everything is normal, and never question if you are dreaming. It takes time and practice to overcome dream logic and realize that you are dreaming.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

OmegaBreaker

Postby OmegaBreaker » 17 Feb 2017 16:07

I see. Well I guess I should practice more, being conscious in the subconscious, not an easy task. Thanks for the replies Sean.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”