Successful LD on 4th Night

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
shawnart

Successful LD on 4th Night

Postby shawnart » 19 Feb 2017 23:00

About 4 days ago I began immersing myself in information on lucid dreaming and how to get there. I decided on the MILD approach, as it was simplest. Through out the day I have been daydreaming about becoming lucid in a dream and practicing doing reality checks so it will become habit. Every night I have been taking 5-10 mins before bed to think about my goal, achieving lucidity and having better dream recall. Then I would focus on the last dream I could remember and try to imagine myself becoming aware it was dream. I normally fall asleep during this part.

This morning I had one! Which is funny, because the night before I reset my expectations to just trying to remember my dreams better, then POW! I posted my first ever LD experience on this site a few days ago, so I figured I would follow up.

I woke up about 6 am and used the bathroom, took a dab(marijuana) and went back to sleep. The LD took place between then and 8:30 am.

I was driving through the parking lot at LBCC and this blue car started backing out into me. I got out of their way, but they just kept backing out without care and then peeled out. I was irritated at their stupidity and then I became lucid. I was stoked and thought, fuck it, I’m gonna ram that car. So I peeled out after it and cut sideways through the parking lot to try and cut it off. But when I got around some cars, the blue car had disappeared.
I decided I didn’t want to waste any more of my dream on chasing it and wanted to walk. I didn’t step out of the car, I just kept going forward and was no longer in the car. I remembered I needed to rub my hands together to try to hold on to lucidity, or at least that's what I’ve programmed into myself, and it worked. My hands tingled when I rubbed them together and the world came into better focus. There wasn’t a soul around, despite all the cars, so I decided to try flying. I jumped and did kind of a moon bounce, I wasn’t discouraged because I remembered reading someone else’s similar experience, so I jumped again and took off. I kept going up, up,up and tried to relax my body thinking that would make me stop going higher, but it didn’t. So I pointed myself toward the ground, and began flying downward toward the top of a water tower. It became an empty pool as I landed in it and I heard Louise from Bob’s Burgers (tv show) talking, saying something about a pool party. Then I woke up. My boyfriend was up watching Bob’s Burgers, I told him about my experience and had him rewind the show to see if they mentioned a pool at all. And sure enough, about 10 mins before I woke up, Louise was talking about a having a pool party.

Sean Jacobs

Re: Successful LD on 4th Night

Postby Sean Jacobs » 20 Feb 2017 15:07

Congrats shawnart! That is a fantastic lucid dream!
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”