How do I become a light sleeper?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Skytak888

How do I become a light sleeper?

Postby Skytak888 » 19 Feb 2017 23:49

OK soooo I want to do more of these techniques that include waking up in the middle of the night like WILD. The problem is I don't wanna wake up my whole family so I can't set the allarm and I am a pretty deep sleeper so I don't wake up in the middle of the night often. Is there a way I can become more of a light sleeper so I wake up more often during the night?

Sean Jacobs

Re: How do I become a light sleeper?

Postby Sean Jacobs » 20 Feb 2017 14:49

Skytak888 wrote:OK soooo I want to do more of these techniques that include waking up in the middle of the night like WILD. The problem is I don't wanna wake up my whole family so I can't set the allarm and I am a pretty deep sleeper so I don't wake up in the middle of the night often. Is there a way I can become more of a light sleeper so I wake up more often during the night?

Hi Skytak888. If you have a cell phone you could set your alarm to vibrate and than keep it under your pillow. There are also apps that will allow you to set an alarm that will flash bright light. You could also develop the habit of waking up after your dreams by reciting a mantra before you sleep, "I will wake up after all of my dreams." I hope this helps.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Skytak888

Re: How do I become a light sleeper?

Postby Skytak888 » 20 Feb 2017 17:03

Sean Jacobs wrote:
Hi Skytak888. If you have a cell phone you could set your alarm to vibrate and than keep it under your pillow. There are also apps that will allow you to set an alarm that will flash bright light. You could also develop the habit of waking up after your dreams by reciting a mantra before you sleep, "I will wake up after all of my dreams." I hope this helps.

Thank you very much

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”