Hi newbie here.

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Justarobin

Hi newbie here.

Postby Justarobin » 21 Feb 2017 02:26

Hello, people reading this post I thought I may aswell get involved in an introduction.
I'm 24, male and from the south west of the UK. I've had strong vivid dreams for as long as I can remember now although I'm still somehow new to the term lucid dreaming aha (I'm also not much of a form person normally so forgive my aweful writing structure) anyway I gain some control over my dreams after I overcame a reaccuring nightmare at about age eight the nightmare would always start the same a giant black centipede with demonic like horns would be closing in on me and just before it would get to me a huge strange looking bird almost like a pelican crossed with a falcon (I was a child with a strong imagination) with sharp teethe red eyes and fangs would swoop the centeped and real slowly start moving towards me and I would be paralysed after a little while I would wake up in cold sweats terrified. Anyway one night I had, had enough of this bird and the lack of help from my dream catcher I decided that no matter how scary I would not be afraid of it even if it got me so, as the dream occurred I held strong and to my surprise the bird stopped and I knew all I needed to do was wake up and when I woke up I must have been hallucinating somehow as I saw the bird but it had been shrunk to the size of a mouse and ran off under the covers and, from that night on I never had that nightmare again. So some years continued to pass and I had some amazing dreams you could say I was hooked sleeping far to long if there was ever a time where I couldn't handle a dream (and I've had a few Stephen King like dreams) I would just conjure something up normally in the form of some kind of guide and the dream would change into something that just interests me of course I became obsessed with what I could learn from my dreams that even the dark (or even demonic if you will) dreams were just interesting and although I only ever mentioned my wierd dreams to few people I never mentioned my obsession because I saw myself as a traveler and I couldn't see them as just dreams anymore and I had never met anyone else who had any control over their dreams or even remembered them regularly. Anyway that is the basic intro to my dream travelling story I hope it did'nt seem to far fetched to anyone I know it's pretty weird and thank you to anyone who made it this far I hope it was atleast a little insightful.

Robin

Sean Jacobs

Re: Hi newbie here.

Postby Sean Jacobs » 21 Feb 2017 14:54

Justarobin wrote:Hello, people reading this post I thought I may aswell get involved in an introduction.
I'm 24, male and from the south west of the UK. I've had strong vivid dreams for as long as I can remember now although I'm still somehow new to the term lucid dreaming aha (I'm also not much of a form person normally so forgive my aweful writing structure) anyway I gain some control over my dreams after I overcame a reaccuring nightmare at about age eight the nightmare would always start the same a giant black centipede with demonic like horns would be closing in on me and just before it would get to me a huge strange looking bird almost like a pelican crossed with a falcon (I was a child with a strong imagination) with sharp teethe red eyes and fangs would swoop the centeped and real slowly start moving towards me and I would be paralysed after a little while I would wake up in cold sweats terrified. Anyway one night I had, had enough of this bird and the lack of help from my dream catcher I decided that no matter how scary I would not be afraid of it even if it got me so, as the dream occurred I held strong and to my surprise the bird stopped and I knew all I needed to do was wake up and when I woke up I must have been hallucinating somehow as I saw the bird but it had been shrunk to the size of a mouse and ran off under the covers and, from that night on I never had that nightmare again. So some years continued to pass and I had some amazing dreams you could say I was hooked sleeping far to long if there was ever a time where I couldn't handle a dream (and I've had a few Stephen King like dreams) I would just conjure something up normally in the form of some kind of guide and the dream would change into something that just interests me of course I became obsessed with what I could learn from my dreams that even the dark (or even demonic if you will) dreams were just interesting and although I only ever mentioned my wierd dreams to few people I never mentioned my obsession because I saw myself as a traveler and I couldn't see them as just dreams anymore and I had never met anyone else who had any control over their dreams or even remembered them regularly. Anyway that is the basic intro to my dream travelling story I hope it did'nt seem to far fetched to anyone I know it's pretty weird and thank you to anyone who made it this far I hope it was atleast a little insightful.
Robin

Welcome Robin. I'm sorry to hear about those scary nightmares, however they can benefit you today. I have read that people who "realize they are dreaming" when they are children typically have a much better chance of becoming lucid as adults. It has something to do with your subconscious mind being more receptive when you are a child. I wish you the best of luck with all of your lucid endeavors.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Justarobin

Re: Hi newbie here.

Postby Justarobin » 21 Feb 2017 18:09

Hi Sean, thanks the experience seemed to take away a lot of my fears. I'm sure that there is still much for me to learn about lucid dreaming I still wonder how much of a dreams narrative one can control for the best part I feel like I'm a passenger in my own mind with the ability and awareness to dictate some of my dreaming experience, but I'm interested to see what more can be done. All the best with your own lucid dreams!

Jordan.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”